May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
todays find.jpg

Spent the early morning hunting while temperatures were a bit cooler along an old dirt road here on Cape Cod. Found these three older brass buttons, couple of musket balls although the large one is almost too perfect? Nice looking early brass key but with old damage. A King George III Half Penny dated 1770 but hard to say for sure the last number. Much of the lettering still intact. Found coin, buttons and key all within a hundred feet of each other.

Last edited:
Upvote 23
Wow 1770 that's freakin great. Nice day of hunting I would be pretty happy

Thanks A2coins!

Nothing like old Massachusetts stuff!! Great job!!!

Welcome to T-Net Cape Hunter. That's an awfully nice bunch of colonial era finds. Well done. What kind of detector are you swinging?

Looks like you had a very good outing. The half penny is an awesome find. Congrats!

Sweet finds and welcome aboard, from another Cape resident and hunter!

Nice old finds...All great!

Welcome Cape hunter, nicely done!

Congrats on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Many Thanks! Minelab Equinox 600

Thanks Phil!

Thanks Kim!

Thanks Jeff, where on the cape?

Thanks RVRoamer66!

Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. Nice finds. Congrats

nice hunt with the historical saves, great half penny, lead & buttons, congrats & HH

Once a Cape Codder always a Cape Codder! I have to say I get a tiny bit jealous when people find stuff on the cape. It's not a bad jealousy just that feeling of wanting to go there and find stuff too because it's were I am from. I've hunted there only a handful of time and I always feel a real connection to the finds since I was born there and grew up there. Thanks for sharing and congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back