small eagle button, N.J

photo_camera.gif
Really need a picture carluccidesign.

Upvote 0
To post photos:
When you write a post, you will see an option marked "Go Advanced." Click it and then scroll down to the "Manage Attachments" option. Click it and see a box saying "Browse." Click on browse, and select the imagefile from a folder on your computer's hard-drive. (Important note: there are filesize limits (no multi-Megabyte images), and only certain types of imagefiles (such as .jpg, .gif, .bmp, etc) are allowed. When you've finished attaching the photos, be sure to click "Upload" (located at the right on your monitor-screen). Then click "Post."

Upvote 0
I see you figured out a way to post a photo. I do not recall seeing an eagle-button like that, with "rays" around its rim. It is not a US army-issued button, but may be a Federal Government Department button, a State Militia button, or a "Patriotic" button. At the moment, I'm leaning toward Patriotic, because of the "rayed" rim.

Is it a 1-piece (solid cast) button, or (hollow) 2-piece or 3-piece button?

We need a photo of the button's back, and also a "sideview" photo (showing whether the button is high-domed, low-domed, or flat). Are there any markings, like a manufacturer's name, on the back?

Upvote 0
Thanks. I will post more pics. Really interesting. I found this on the front lawn of a 1800s house. I also found a canadian militia button. Will post pics soon.

Upvote 0
Anyone know the date,or history behind these buttons? I live in nj . I dont think there was much civil war activity and the canadian militia button is strange too. Any comments or knowledge would be great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back