Small, dime sized disc/coin with OCCO 3 1/3 on it

Littlp

Nov 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

While going through my recently deceased grandfather's things, we came across this coin. We have no idea what it might be. I have tried reverse image search. It is smooth and does not have anything on the back of it. We are in Muskegon, Michigan where he lived most of his life if that helps. Several of his family members were in the armed services.

Many thanks for your help! IMG_0008.JPG

That's an interesting find. Sorry, but I don't have a clue what it might be from. ...And welcome to Tnet! :hello:

Upvote 0
That's an interesting find. Sorry, but I don't have a clue what it might be from. ...And welcome to Tnet! :hello:

Thanks! I hope someone has some idea because it is driving me nuts!

I don't know a lot about my grandfather's side and when he passed, we found all of these boxes with pictures and other items as far back as the 1800s. So this has been pretty exciting.

Upvote 0
If I remember correctly, when I was a kid Littleton coin company used to sell these as some kind of canning company token. Workers would receive them as they worked to indicate how much production they put out, then turn them in to receive their pay. I am pretty sure I have one someplace that I bought from them, but it seems like mine was octagon in shape.

Upvote 0
One thing I was noticing earlier is that in the top line, it appears that the OCC may actually be 0CC, with the 0 being the number '0'. Last digit is almost certainly a zero. ...Then again, it's 5am and I'm awake, so don't take MY word for anything!! :laughing9:

Upvote 0
What I can tell is that this counter was machine punched with a single Die, which suggests they were produced in large numbers. So should be plenty more of them out there.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back