small aluminum band, whats it from/for?

kurtstuben

Apr 19, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
small aluminum band, what's it from/for?

I found this aluminum band way out in the woods of PA back in April. I instantly thought "Oh cool, a bird band" but none of my research confirms that. It's about a 1/2" in diameter and it's inscribed GDC-1949. According to the USGS, the older federal bird bands would say "WRITE BIRD BAND LAUREL MD 20708 USA or AVISE BIRD BAND WASH DC" on the band and have a unique 8 or 9 digit number. The other thing that I haven't been able to identify through the bird banding sites is the clasp, you see mine has a tab that went through a slot and was bent over, my research indicates the standard is they're crimped and the two ends meet with no slot-tab involved.

I'd love to hear if anyone has seen these before and could point me to any information.

Thanks,
KurtView attachment 1329130View attachment 1329131

Your attachment doesn't work. Can you just post a photo through Tnet?

Upvote 0
Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 8.09.45 PM.png

Upvote 0
....there are no disappearing images at TN.... twilight-zone.jpg

...the photos are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your attachment doesn't work. Can you just post a photo through Tnet?
I think he has posted the photo through TN. Sometimes they disappear.

Seriously Kurtstuben, Im sorry to tell you that you will need to upload the photos again because we cannot see them.. Try clicking on edit and re-posting them 2 times each, this should work. Sometimes photos disappear here at TN. You can see them, the moderators can see them, but us members cannot see them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back