Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made the 30 min drive to a spot I just knew was ready to go ! Sloped field park facing directly south west ! The site has a long history with a British Garrison being established there in the early 1740's With all the rain this spot had to be thawed out and ready for a swing. Mostly wrong ! I had small areas along the fringes of the woods that was thawed out enough to hunt . With still a good amount of snow covering most of the field . Even though I drove south I did not factor in the elevation gain .Almost a wasted trip . I made two finds along the fringe in two hours ! I left a couple signals in the ground where I could not break through the frost ! A 1951 Washington ! and what I hope is a firearm side plate piece ! I found it where I have pulled a few old musket balls in the past . Not sure If I will ever get it confirmed. But it looks quite old ! Thanks for looking and Happy Treasure Hunting ! MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_4153-001.JPG
    IMG_4153-001.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4156-001.JPG
    IMG_4156-001.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 4
Looking like the spring hunt season is going to be short for many of us.
At least you got a silver.
I't a b***** having to walk away from a good signal because the ground it too hard.

When I looked at the date on your quarter (before reading your post ) I thought it said 1931 , and I know they didn't begin the series
until 32 - anybody else seeing 1931 here ? Nice .

Congrats on your silver and I hope it turns out to be the gun plate for ya!

I think everyone that has hunted this winter and spring has had to walk away from targets locked in frozen ground. I know I will be going back to check out mine, and I won't be surprised to find some of the deeper ones still in frozen ground! GL. HH. To all!

nice quarter! You did mark the spot where you could not dig though (GPS, Stake, ect.) - Yes?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back