Slow day, but a couple keepers!

Dr Plugs

May 30, 2023
Got out to a couple new spots today. Nothing to amazing, a couple early buttons, a 1890 IHP. The U.S. item was the only item found at one of the spots.

Not sure what it is, it was back in a field, next to a beautiful spring. The area we were in seen alot of troop movement during the Civil war, but I'm still not 100% sure if it is from that era, or later. It appears that it did attach to leather or something thick because of the stout attachment point on the back.

I layed it next to a quarter for size comparison, and info on this item would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20240216_200045.jpg
    20240216_200045.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
  • 20240216_200126.jpg
    20240216_200126.jpg
    934.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20240216_200137.jpg
    20240216_200137.jpg
    847.4 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 12
Looks like a decent day to me! I'm thinking the US piece is WW2 period. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will chime in that has more knowledge than me.

The photo is modern, so obviously from an earlier vintage.
I was thinking collar disk also, just can't find any to match. The pics I find either have a raised edge around the outer edge, or have a period between the U and S and a period behind the S.

The back attachment point doesn't look like any I found either, the "stem" that goes through whatever it goes through is very robust, to the point it would appear that it would be very uncomfortable to wear and would rub the wearers neck.

I love the dog tax tag! Congrats!

Thanks, I love finding the old buttons. It amazes me how intricate some of them can be given the times they were made.

The other item is indeed a collar disc, thanks to everyone who responded. I would love to know the story of how it came to be beside a spring all by itself in the middle of nowhere! Thats part of the fun for me and detecting, trying to put a story together on how some items came to be in the spots we find them.

Got out to a couple new spots today. Nothing to amazing, a couple early buttons, a 1890 IHP. The U.S. item was the only item found at one of the spots.

Not sure what it is, it was back in a field, next to a beautiful spring. The area we were in seen alot of troop movement during the Civil war, but I'm still not 100% sure if it is from that era, or later. It appears that it did attach to leather or something thick because of the stout attachment point on the back.

I layed it next to a quarter for size comparison, and info on this item would be greatly appreciated.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back