sliver heart charm best find to date

marz

Mar 27, 2013
South Texas
Detector(s) used
WHITES M-6 With eclipse 950 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sliver heart charm i found this at the old school ive been going to for the past few weeks i found it at 10 inchs deep and the VDI number was about 12-16 i got the stones tested they are diamonds but its missing about 4 are so i plan on having the stones removed so i can sale theam and just adding the heart to the rest of my sliver so i can smelt it later on when i get a good amount saved up :) the pics arent to good but i really wanted to share this i took them with my cell phone.

ffiinnddfi23_080209.jpg

IMG_20130421_112327.jpg:hello2:

Upvote 2
Sweet find diamonds and silver even better match. Way to go

Marz, just a thought but you might want to find out the value of the piece IF it had all the stones back in it. An antique might sell for more than the remaining diamonds and the silver content of the mount. Just a thought...............63bkpkr

marz, 63bkpkr makes an interesting point with regard to restoration - are there hallmarks on the back ? please be aware that
very tiny diamonds typically do not fetch much money - I'm no expert on diamonds , but I'm aware that unless they get to be
at least 1/4 carat - they just aren't taken seriously . When they begin to get valuable they rarely are set in sterling silver , since
they could be set in white gold or platinum to realize decent money .

Yes I am going to check on it no theres no halmarks on the back I know its sliver because I did a test on it not on the PiCe its self but on a scrape stone.and solution did not cause any noticeable visible damage but you can tell with a loop no big deal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back