skull and crossbones pin

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
found this today in an area that has produced mainly barber coins and v nickles so I am thinking its pre 1920 era but not sure.i tried to figure out what organization it is associated with and possibly year.it is about the size of a dime and is marked 14k on the backside.
thanks for any light you can shed on this sorry for the pictures still need to clean a little better.
20140606_161717-1.jpg

The Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity (and other college fraternities) did use a skull in some early pins I see online

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On another forum I commented that it was an Alpha Epsilon Pie fraternity, but it doesn't match the pins they show on the internet. So after looking at it again I now think that it may be a sweetheart pin for the boys to give their special lady.

Upvote 0
did see the alpha epsilon pi but did not think that it was it because their emblem is a lion.also the fact that it is a religious fraternity did not think it would have a skull and crossbones.

Upvote 0
For some reason, back when frats were being established, many of them adopted the skull and crossbones. My frat came into existence around 1900 and our pin is the skull and crossbones. And those symbols could not represent any other frat. That and the stones that are in the pin made me think sweetheart pin. My sweetheart pin I gave my late wife was no where near what our pin looked like. But the letters were the same. Just my swag.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back