Single frequency vs multi frequency

Skexis

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simultaneous Multi-frequency rules the saltwater beaches. For gold nugget shooting, meteorite hunting, and relic hunting, Single frequency and Pulse Induction still rule.

On paper it would appear the Vanquish is the winner as the only trick the AT has is that it's waterproof.

Not a trick, it's a requirement for any decent metal detector. Too easy to drop your metal detector into a puddle or a stream. Also nice when you're detecting in the rain. Always stressed me out whenever it rained when I owned an Ace 250.

I think some people don't want bells and whistles and downloaded upgrades and programs yada yada. Can get to be too much sometimes and can add frustration to a relaxing day of beep and dig fun. In todays age of detectors I actually find myself trying to seek out the Tesoro I never pulled the trigger on. I have only owned one simultaneous multi frequency machine myself and it is the only machine I ever sold.
:dontknow: My X-terra pro is technically a multi frequency but not simultaneous. I will add that I mainly relic hunt and my rebellion of the new swinging computers may make me sound a bit old but I'm only 39 :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back