zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20180402_233743.jpg
20180402_233750.jpg
20180402_233513.jpg

Bought a box of old Wusthof knives, and this was in the box. It's British.. thats about all I know about it. lol. Not even sure where to begin searching for what this is. Haven't tested it yet to verify if it is silver, but I think it is plated.

Georgian sterling meat skewers are worth hundreds. I believe the maker is- Richard Britton, made in London, the date appears to be 1825 I believe. It looks like the King George IV duty mark.

Upvote 0
That thing is cool.

Upvote 0
I came up with the same info, I wrote down 1828, will double check in a bit. First time I have seen one, was a bit surprised it was real silver the tarnish did not come off easily when rubbed with my thumb.

Upvote 0
I like it :)!

Upvote 0
I came up with the same info, I wrote down 1828, will double check in a bit. First time I have seen one, was a bit surprised it was real silver the tarnish did not come off easily when rubbed with my thumb.
You're right. 1828 not 1825. Glaucoma's getting the best of me lately.

Upvote 0
You're right. 1828 not 1825. Glaucoma's getting the best of me lately.

It's all good. Prices seem to be all over the place for these. Can not find an exact match in recent history, may just run it as an auction and hope for the best. It is monogrammed with a B, normally the kiss of death to value, but doesnt seem to matter much on these.

20180403_092755.jpg

Upvote 0
That thing is KILLER:laughing9: awesome !!! Great find!

Upvote 0
It's all good. Prices seem to be all over the place for these. Can not find an exact match in recent history, may just run it as an auction and hope for the best. It is monogrammed with a B, normally the kiss of death to value, but doesnt seem to matter much on these.

View attachment 1573236
I would start that auction at $150, make sure to include international shipping to the UK or use the GSP. When looking at recent sales on Worthpoint, the ones from that era and length have sold prices starting at that and going up to . I might add that besides the maker, you should include the length in your title because yours is a larger sized one as well. Some examples...
sold for $397 in 2012-
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/superb-huge-william-iv-1837-sterling-274673433
sold for $377 in 2011-
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/antique-english-early-georgian-248943973

out of the large ones from that era, this is the one that sold for the least amount at $150 in 2013-
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/large-english-antique-l1793-georgian-464081003

Upvote 0
I would start that auction at $150, make sure to include international shipping to the UK or use the GSP. When looking at recent sales on Worthpoint, the ones from that era and length have sold prices starting at that and going up to . I might add that besides the maker, you should include the length in your title because yours is a larger sized one .....
Thank you, that is double what I was expecting, I have long wondered if a worthpoint subscription would be worthwhile, That information is quite valuable to have access to. For now I have thrown it up on Etsy, I put a lot of my nicer pieces there that I am not in a hurry to get rid of. It is 12" and right at 3.0 ozt

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back