allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a few minutes to kill last night when my sons therapist was helping him and decided to detect my backyard while they was busy.
The hits was one after the other and the soil is the easiest to dig in and i was finding everything from square nails, aluminum foil to modern change when one signal really rung out between half dollar to dollar and about 6inches deep.
I slid my shovel through the soil to take about 4 or 5 inches from the ground and pulled the chunk of grass back and ran my detector over the clump of soil to get a better locatio and found it within an inch of where my ace said it would be.
The target was a sweet little sterling silver ring with pink ( fake ) diamonds on it and it now sits on my wifes pinky finger.
Shes happy and all together i found $1.87 in clad. The oldest was a 1970 penny, which is also my birth year.
Good luck everyone,
Allen

Upvote 0
nice 1 but i have a question. why is the little finger called pinky :icon_scratch: hey if i dont ask i wont know

allen said:
I had a few minutes to kill last night when my sons therapist was helping him and decided to detect my backyard while they was busy.
The hits was one after the other and the soil is the easiest to dig in and i was finding everything from square nails, aluminum foil to modern change when one signal really rung out between half dollar to dollar and about 6inches deep.
I slid my shovel through the soil to take about 4 or 5 inches from the ground and pulled the chunk of grass back and ran my detector over the clump of soil to get a better locatio and found it within an inch of where my ace said it would be.
The target was a sweet little sterling silver ring with pink ( fake ) diamonds on it and it now sits on my wifes pinky finger.
Shes happy and all together i found $1.87 in clad. The oldest was a 1970 penny, which is also my birth year.
Good luck everyone,
Allen

Just goes to show you, you don't always have to go very far to find treasures. Cool finds my friend. Talk to your neighbors, if you are speaking that is, and see if they wouldn't mind your detecting their yards. Of course, you might have to share whatever you find with them.. hey.. let them dig for you if they want. <grin> Who knows, you might just light a fire in one of them and you'll gain a detector buddy as well as a neighbor.

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

aa battery said:
nice 1 but i have a question. why is the little finger called pinky :icon_scratch: hey if i dont ask i wont know

Good question there AA I've often wondered that myself, but I have a mind that's usually not far from the gutter if not completely IN it and there are a few "reasons" that come to mind that are best not mentioned in polite company if you know what I mean. <grin> Then again, in some cultures flipping the "pinky" is as much a derogitory statement as flipping the "bird" is in our culture.. but again, in our culture or parts of it.. flipping the pinky is a response to "the bird".. meaning "you aint good enough to @#@K." <laughing> I'm sure the meaning or the origin of the name "pinky finger" is lost in time or in its many varied more modern meanings and uses. Still though, like you, I wonder where it started. Maybe someone on here knows.. or can come up with a good story anyway. <grin>

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

are you serious :icon_scratch: Allen be carefull of dat word :D

Sounds like you and your wife are very happy about the ring thats cool.... Good Job !! :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH!!

aa battery said:

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, it’s derived from the obsolete adjective “pink” meaning small, which goes back to the sixteenth century. It’s not connected with the colour pink.

Keep @ it and HH!!

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Sounds like you and your wife are very happy about the ring thats cool.... Good Job !! :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH!!

aa battery said:

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, it’s derived from the obsolete adjective “pink” meaning small, which goes back to the sixteenth century. It’s not connected with the colour pink.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Ah Mud... you took all the fun out of it.. <grin> thanks for the info though! I guess someone's got to keep us in line around here or we'll end up in the gutter for sure!

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

Sound's like some time well spent Allen....I'm constantly hitting the yard,you just never know.Congrat'sand HH!! :thumbsup:

Congrats on that silver, Allen!! 8)

Nana :wink:

I think my yard could be a honey hole once i get all the trash out of it.
In three hunts i've found quite a bit of change ($5.79), a silver ring, tons of aluminum( which i recycle ) and quite a bit of what is its?.
Thanks for looking,
Allen

then put the biggest loop you can get and pound that erea till it bleeds no more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back