Attachments

• 2010 finds 349.jpg
    2010 finds 349.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 846
  • 2010 finds 350.jpg
    2010 finds 350.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 844
Upvote 0
Those are some nice coins, did you scratch the dime or did it come out that way?

Great looking coins Dave :icon_thumright: Better than a kick in the butt with a rubber boot anyday! :laughing7:

dave in iowa said:
nothing much, 1901 barber dime and 2 whaets 35-44
I think i did scratch it

Always good to see the Barber. :icon_thumleft:

Awesome finds Congratulations [detecting]
TTH

dave in iowa said:
dave in iowa said:
I think i did scratch it

Either way it is still a great coin. I am always worried I am going to find a good one and them mess it up as I am digging. Especially right now that our OK dirt is so hard, we need some rain.

Wldbil said:
dave in iowa said:
dave in iowa said:
I think i did scratch it

Either way it is still a great coin. I am always worried I am going to find a good one and them mess it up as I am digging. Especially right now that our OK dirt is so hard, we need some rain.

Congrats on the finds.

I have a wheatie I dug today that I have not cleaned but put a nice scratch on it. I hope it is not a 1909 S VDB. It was deep and I pulled a 1909 from this area last Friday. I would blame it on the hard ground but it was the end of the hunt and I was starting to drag...

N.J.THer said:
Wldbil said:
dave in iowa said:
dave in iowa said:
I think i did scratch it

Congrats on the finds.

I have a wheatie I dug today that I have not cleaned but put a nice scratch on it. I hope it is not a 1909 S VDB. It was deep and I pulled a 1909 from this area last Friday. I would blame it on the hard ground but it was the end of the hunt and I was starting to drag...

I still struggle with this stratching business, is this in an area where its small plug & knife only (not just you but many on here, odd mistake I understand). My spade rarely stratches anything, if I damaged a 2000 year old coin that had survived pretty well until I hit it, I would cry for years....& thats with a 15-20 second recovery & no pinpointer. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

CRUSADER said:
N.J.THer said:
Wldbil said:
dave in iowa said:
dave in iowa said:
I think i did scratch it

Congrats on the finds.

I still struggle with this stratching business, is this in an area where its small plug & knife only (not just you but many on here, odd mistake I understand). My spade rarely stratches anything, if I damaged a 2000 year old coin that had survived pretty well until I hit it, I would cry for years....& thats with a 15-20 second recovery & no pinpointer. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Cru,
If I'm hunting a farm or the woods I never scratch anything. This was in a park so I try to keep the holes and digging implement small. I usually don't scratch coins (although I hit two in the last month). There has been very little rain in the area so the ground is like cemment and the temps have been in the 90s. Combination of being tired, sweaty and trying not to piss off the grounds crew in the park lead to a scratched coin...sorry :wink:
NJ

N.J.THer said:
CRUSADER said:
N.J.THer said:
Wldbil said:
dave in iowa said:
dave in iowa said:
I think i did scratch it

Congrats on the finds.

Cru,
If I'm hunting a farm or the woods I never scratch anything. This was in a park so I try to keep the holes and digging implement small. I usually don't scratch coins (although I hit two in the last month). There has been very little rain in the area so the ground is like cemment and the temps have been in the 90s. Combination of being tired, sweaty and trying not to piss off the grounds crew in the park lead to a scratched coin...sorry :wink:
NJ

no need for sorry, just can't understand the frequency, maybe just a small %age of thousands of digs :dontknow:

Argentium said:
Nothing much ? my a$$ - a Barber dime is not chopped liver my friend ! Argentium.

I wish i found " Nothing much" daily.... Nice stuff :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back