Silver Tiffany Spoon

gomerpyle

Jan 5, 2005
SE- Michigan
I found this at an old house. The elderly lady accross the street said she has been there for 52yrs and stopped counting how many medal detectorists had been there at 550. I did not get anything of value other than this Tiffany Silver spoon. It is a bit beaten/sharp around the eating edges but other than that in good condition. It has the intials of "WJF" on the handle part. Has a sea shell type of design on the handle as well.

The underside says.....
"Tiffany" than some small stamping and a "00" or a "09" then "sterling" then more small stamping then the letter "m".?

I wonder if it this might have been part of a wedding gift set and that is the reason for the initials. I can't find the magnifying glass to read the stamping but when I find it I'll update this posting. Could anyone take a gues at the age? The house is very old and unoccupied, and in the proccess of being renovated for the historical society. The old lady that had lived there used to keep her gold coins in some loose bricks surrounding and old well (thats why I went there in the first place). The elderly lady accross the street told me that the daughter had come and got it after the owner passed away (dagnabit). I weighed it at 1.3oz, Thats worth about $9.00 at current prices. Think it worth more as a spoon or as silver weight?

Thanks for looking,
Kris
spoon1.jpg
spoon2.jpg

Upvote 0
Cool spoon! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back