Silver Sunday...Dollar Tuesday ! ! !

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Willmar, Minn. has been the annual host of the "Sonshine Christian Music Festival" since the 80's sometime. It started out with just a couple of thousand attendees, but last year it was estimated there were 19,000 and this July 23,000. Most tent in the vast open areas around the high school and civic center (probably about 60 acres or more). Last year was the first year I had detected this area and came up with 700 coins, a silver ring, a couple of digital watch, 2 pocket knives. Since the school is only 12 years old and the civic center not much older, most of the coins are clad, but I have picked up a few wheaties. This year I hit an area about the size of 1 1/2 football fields that I hadn't hit last year. Picked up another 180 coins and 3 silver rings. (See pic)
Then today I hit a practice football field next to a football field and school in a small town of about 500. Got 53 coins, including two wheaties 56d and 57d and THREE $1 coins........ two 2000d Sacajawea's and one Susan B. Anthony(1979). I had been shutout this year so far of dollar coins, out of 2,000 found until today. I had found 10 in the previous 3 years.
If the old adage that things happen in "3's",......................first 3 silver rings, then 3 dollar coins....................next I'd settle for 3 seated quarters or dimes or V nickels or even Walking Liberty Halves..............LOL............HEY, ya gotta dream !

Attachments

• AugSilver.jpg
    AugSilver.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 545
  • WillAugFind.jpg
    WillAugFind.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 533
  • Dollars3.jpg
    Dollars3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 540
Upvote 0
WoW! Those are some great rings!!!

And all those coins?! You must be the only person detecting in the area!!!! ;D

Congrats on your great finds!!!!

;)

Hey DFXDUDE, nice rings and I still have not found a SBA or Sac dollar, Did find and Ike once though. People up here in Northern New England are pretty tight, and will look for a dropped penny for hours...Congrats...Lance

WTG! Nice rings and tons of coins...Pays for more than batteries almost might pay for gas the way prices are now. ;D

Dave

Excellent haul!! WTG!!HH

Great recovery.... ! The rings are always a plus.... but to find dollar coins
too. Now thats a good day.... ! WTG HH BRINK

Alwayslooking..........you are right about the gas prices. They have jumped from $2.19 to $2.64 in the past couple of weeks here. My coin average over the past 3 1/2 years has been about 8 cents for every coin I retrieve, but yesterday it was almost 20 cents, thanks in part to the 3 dollar coins. Rest was 20Q, 19D, and 7P. I cherry picked some when it came to zinc cents, ignored those. Used BIGFOOT coil to cover ground fast and there was very little trash at the site. Total take was $10.01 for 53 coins. I'd take that any day.

Nice haul!

HH

Lonewolfe

great finds and a very good spot for ya!the 2nd ring there I found its twin here not to long ago.wtg!

peace,bigrig

Here are 4 views of the silver ring I got last year at the same location as the 3 rings posted above. It was down about 3 inches, so it had been lost in one of the early years of the Music Festival. Kind of unique with the twist in it.

Attachments

• Sonshine3.jpg
    Sonshine3.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Sonshine1.jpg
    Sonshine1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 264
  • Sonshine2.jpg
    Sonshine2.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 261
  • Sonshine4.jpg
    Sonshine4.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 228
Congrats on the nice haul ! Sounds like you've found a great site with lots of future finds to come. H H !

Huntin' 59er

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back