Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Monday, I took a new hunting partner to a hill that was once a silver mine. This place was so popular, that I remember counting 9 hunters detecting the same hill on a Sunday, a few years back. It still gives up a silver now and then. I told my buddy not to expect too much but whatever you do, don't ignore any deep signals. I realized that although this place has been hunted heavily, the non-silver signals are sometimes ignored or overlooked by others.
The clad was very scarce so I didn't have too many distractions. I was able to concentrate on the few deep soft signals.
I pulled one target from about 8 inches. It came up completely encased in a little dirt cocoon. It turns out to be a small early 19th century buckle. (I think)
Another nice target is part of an early cufflink with a scripted "E" on it. The button appears to be a blazer button.
My silver coin steak came to an end but I did get a silver cufflink.

IMG_5999.JPGIMG_5997.JPG

Upvote 7
Silver is silver and you are still on a roll, congrats ATDubb! :headbang: Can you read that button? Sub 8-)

The silver cufflink is a good consolation prize tho! Nice buckle too. :icon_thumleft:

Heck, I find so few silver coins, to me, a silver streak is a silver streak.........you got 10 in my book!!

Hey, It's only February. My guess is you'll have another bigger and better silver streak going before long. I agree with Sub, silver is silver. Nice digs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back