Silver ring with diamonds, is it real or nah?

Brianbarr88

Jun 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Hello, I recently had a lot of jewelry traded to me, and this ring is one of the prices. It has six little diamonds and one bigger one.
It's stamped only 925 inside the ring. The ring seems to be sturdy made.

I'd hit it with a diamond tester. They're available online at a very reasonable price. I've seen real diamonds in a silver setting before, so, don't dismiss it as being synthetic.

Upvote 0
cz scratches glass too,so does almost anything hard.have it looked at in person

Upvote 0
And magnetic silver, checkir. It is unlikely that they used natrual diamonds. You never hear of diamonds and silver do you. That's because they don't go together, turquoise, aquamarine, topaz, garnet, opal, ect go with silver. Someone will find an example but it is an imitation of platinum, white gold is also used to imitate platinum, but natural diamonds are likely to used with white gold.

Upvote 0
well....last friday on my rare trip beach hunting I actually found a 925 ring with holy cross motif.it tested true for sterling and guess what...the very small stones that make up the cross just tested as diamonds.sure they are very small and of no real value but it does confirm that diamonds can be mounted on silver.I test everything and glad I did.it will fetch a bit more at my anuall jewelry sale(roadside)

Upvote 0
I can't find anyone to buy my loose diamonds and or gemstones:
CAM01110.jpgCAM01112.jpg

Upvote 0
A LITTLE NOTE WHEN TAKING RINGS TO A JEWELER MAKE DANG SURE EVERYTHING IS IN FRONT OF YOU BEFORE THE APPRASAL TAKES PLACE . A PICTURE FOR ONE THING , YOU MAY LOOK AT A RING ALOT OF TIMES BUT WHEN YOU ARE AMONG LOTS OF RINGS YOU CAN BECOME CONFUSED NOT SAYING IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME BUT IT HAPPENED TO MY WIFE. I ALWAYS TAKE A CLOSE PIC AND I WILL DESCRETLEY PUT A MARK WHERE I ONLY KNOW IT IS. GOOD THING FOR MY WIFE HAD A RING LEFT TO HER AND SHE TOOK IT FOR AN APPRAISAL SHOP. I WAS IN THE CAR WAITING SHE CAME OUT AND I ASKED HER HOW IT WENT AND SHE SAID THE GUY SAID IT WAS WORTH NOTHING BUT BEFORE HAND IT WAS APPRAISED FOR 6000.00 . COME TO FIND OUT I ASKED HER TO TAKE THE RING OUT AND LOOK AT IT AND SOMETHING DIDNT LOOK RIGHT. THE RING SHE HAD WAS NOT THE ONE GIVEN BACK AND IT WAS SO CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL SHE DIDNT THINK TWICE. I SHOWED HER THE PICTURE AND WERE THE MARK WAS AND NOTHING MATCHED AT ALL. BACK IN THE STORE WE WENT I ASKED THE GUY WERE WAS THE RING SHE HAD BROUGHT IN FOR HIM TO LOOK AT HE SAID SHE HAD IT AND OLE HELL BROKE LOOSE. I SHOWED THE PICTURE TO HIM AND THE MARK AND HE SAID THAT WAS NOT THE RING SHE SHOWED HIM. I TOLD THE CROOK I WAS GOING TO CALL THE POLICE AND HE SAID LET ME LOOK IN THE BACK , HE WAS GONE FOR ONLY A MINUTE OR TWO AND SAID OH IM SORRY I GOT THEM MIXED UP AND GAVE YOU THE WRONG RING BACK.HE SAID WELL LET ME TAKE A LOOK AND I WILL TELL YOU WHAT IT IS WORTH I SAID YOU ALL READY KNOW ITS WORTH ALOT THATS WHY YOU PULLED THIS STUNT AND IF NOT FOR A PICTURE AND A MARKING SHE WOULD HAVE NEVER KNOWN SHE HAD THE BAIT AND SWITCH GAME PLAYED ON HER. I ASKED HOW MANY PEOPLE COME IN HERE AND ARE SIDE TRACKED AND END UP RIPPED OFF NOT KNOWING THAT THE HAD BEEN ROBBED. HE SAID NOBODY I SAID BS AND TOLD HIM I WAS REPORTING HIM TO THE POLICE AND BBB. SO MAKE SURE YOU ARE CAREFUL WITH ITEMS WORTH ALOT FOR SOMEBODY NOT EVERYBODY WILL TRY TO RIP YOU OFF. I DID CALL POLICE AND REPORT HIM , HE IS STILL IN BUSINESS .

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back