Silver Quarter In My Yard

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a CTX 3030 and have been using it a lot in my yard to learn the machine. I've also been reading Andy's book (Which is a great read).

I have found many wheats in my yard, but no silver yet. Well that changed today. Had a nice deep signal and out popped a 1950 quarter!

Our house was built sometime in the 1860's-1870's from the research we have done. There isn't an exact date because the courthouse burned down in 1900 and they lost all records. Any property records that they were unable to retain received a "built date" of 1900. We have a rail road that borders our property, a small local line that was constructed in the 1870's. The time that line went through, our house was moved from its original position up the hill to where it sits now. That's how we guessed the date of the home.

I figured with a property that old, that there would be more old coins around. Oldest coin so far is a 1934 wheat. I'm sure the old oldies are there somewhere, just got to keep looking.

Thanks for reading and good luck out there!

Vdubguy ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1490789908.079591.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1490789922.166494.jpg

Upvote 15
Congrats on the silver! Hope there's more just waiting for a coil swing.

If there are deep silvers hiding on your property,
the CTX will definitely find them.
Congrats on the Silver Washington

If your finding silver then your getting it dialed in. Best of luck with the CTX and congrats for the silver George.

Nice snag. My CTX has treated me very well and is an extremely capable machine. Best of luck

Nice find. If your house dates back that far, I would without a doubt keep looking in my own yard.

Congrats on the first from the yard, there's more and probably older silvers waiting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back