Attachments

• SAM_0712.JPG
    SAM_0712.JPG
    352.9 KB · Views: 119
  • SAM_0714.JPG
    SAM_0714.JPG
    349 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 8
Well done. Atleast you got silver. I have yet to find silver or anything for that fact. And I have found over 300 coins...all clad, one wheatie.

I love those silver quarters. Congrats.

Nothing wrong with that old Wheatie either. That's a 1926 and that's an old coin.

Last edited:
nice job treb!, I bet that water would've been nice and refreshing yesterday!

your mopping up the finds at that lake!!

Ahhh That sweet sweet silver!

Any silver is good silver! Thanks for sharing.

You find silver like I find pennys..

Funny thing is, I have found an 1805 large cent, an 1838 large cent, a 1723 Wood's Hibernia, a dateless King George II Half cent (1727-1760), and made it in to the 1600's club with a 1600's French Liard, but not one silver quarter, and only one silver dime while metal detecting (a 1904 barber dime), and only one Indian Head Cent (an old one, 1864).

Congrats on the silver quarter, and the wheatie!

Funny thing is, I have found an 1805 large cent, an 1838 large cent, a 1723 Wood's Hibernia, a dateless King George II Half cent (1727-1760), and made it in to the 1600's club with a 1600's French Liard, but not one silver quarter, and only one silver dime while metal detecting (a 1904 barber dime), and only one Indian Head Cent (an old one, 1864).

Congrats on the silver quarter, and the wheatie!

That's interesting, that has to be from "location" I'm on my phone, can't see what part of the country you are from. I'm having a good silver quarter year, off the top of my head, I can think of six Washington quarters.

Colonial pennies?:tongue3:

What will you do this winter, Treb? Glad you're having fun.

Your a pistol, I just commented on Mr Helton s thread couple days ago that I'm going to hate this winter. Maybe I'll head south with the birds

is this the Carolina skiff? you will need it to carry all that loot you keep finding!

Its always a good day when you find some silv! Nice score with the wheatie too!

is this the Carolina skiff? you will need it to carry all that loot you keep finding!
Yes, forever to be known as the Treasure Skiff. It will become a very intricate part of my always changing strategy.

Well done. Atleast you got silver. I have yet to find silver or anything for that fact. And I have found over 300 coins...all clad, one wheatie.

If you can find clad, you can find silver. Here is the silver equation, it is simple:

Old areas = Old Coins

If you don't find silver in the areas of old coins, find more old areas and the silver will eventually come. Your chances will increase.

I usually don't search unless a place looks to be 1940s or older. If you start dating and looking at houses you will eventually be able to pick out the really old houses (20s' or older) from the pseudo old looking houses.

Last edited:
Congrats on the '57 Washington buddy, that's a nice find right there! :occasion14:

Dave

If every coin came out a super old antique silver, it would just get boring and the silver prices would plummet. ;)

Appreciate every one! They are all lil treasures!

Congrats on the silver. You are a treasure finding maching. GL&HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back