Attachments

• locketcomp.jpg
    locketcomp.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 350
  • locket1.jpg
    locket1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0
if it's been in the ground any time at all and came ut that shiney it's silver I'm betting. JIM

It may very well be silver although usually there's a.925 stamp somewhere. Either the chain shank or the back. BTW, the circled C indicates a copyright piece, have seen it on QuickTrip jewelty and all the way to 14k. JMO

O.K. This is a stupid question but are you SURE that the mark is SU and not SC? The reason I ask is because of the popular jewelry maker Sarah Coventry. Although the book I have does not include a SC as one of her marks the book is copyrighted 1997. All the marks may not be up to date or included in the book. But probably doesn't matter because the mark most likely is SU anyway. ???

Looks real to me. Sometimes small silver earings and pendants like that look to have a gold toning to them. Unless that is just a glare. But I have found stuff small like that stamped 925 and still looks a little fake. It is just some oxidation. If there isn't a sighn of rust corrosion or discolor I would say it's real. Clean it in some jewlery cleaner. It still makes it into a nice case real or not.

HH Jer

Nice find, if you don't know what it is get it tested at a pawn shop. by the size, It could be platinum!!

Not to get your hopes up any but it could be!!

HH!!

Look at that stone. The cut is too intricate for it not to be a silver or maybe platinum setting.. Just a thought. The stone looks like amethyst. It could be worth more than the setting. Take it to a trusted jeweler. It is a beautiful find either way. Congrats!

Weldermark has sharp eyes, I looked more closely to the left of the C stamp mark and was able to see the .925 mark.
Thanks again for everybody's help.

Attachments

• 925mark.jpg
    925mark.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 239
  • locket2.jpg
    locket2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 240
The tip-off to me that it might have been "real" was the fact the back was "hollowed out".? Most of the "good stuff" I've found is made that way...manufacturers do it to keep the cost down. Of course Mark's sharp eyes (dang he's good!) put the clincher on it.

Very nice find!

Batch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back