Silver on a rainy day..

hoosier hunter

Aug 20, 2005
Southern indiana
Had a break in the rain this evening to make a quick trip out to a local carnival site.There is a fish fry and carnival rides there every summer. I have had some good finds there in the past including a nice 1943 merc. I found in July.The ground was soaked from the rains we have had for the past two days. It started out really slow. finding a clad dime and a couple of memorial pennies.(and the usual pulltabs and copper wire).It was starting to get late and the drizzle was picking up so I decided to head to the car. I was about five feet from the car and three feet from where I had previously found the mercury dime in July and got a good signal that showed coins/silver95 @ 6" I had my fingers crossed as I pulled the muddy plug from the soaked ground and in the bottom of the hole I saw "SILVER" It was a 1956 Roosevelt dime. I checked the hole again and got another good signal. And after filtering through the mud it was a 1951-d wheatie.I also found a small button that Say's "GIBSON" at the bottom. Maybe came off a guitar case or something. Can't wait to go back... H.H.

Hoosier Hunter.....

Attachments

• Aug-30-05 finds.jpg
    Aug-30-05 finds.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 346
Upvote 0
Cool finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Great Hunt For a Rainy Day...I'd say keep looking in that area never know just what ou will find are how old...

GOOD LUCK;
Debbie

Very cool. I LOVE the way silver comes out all shiny!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back