silver next door

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Asked my neighbor to md his lawn even though the house is 1968 I didnt have time to go anywhere else. Started out back and first dig was a 1971 uno peso from mexico it was the size of a large cent. Pulled alot of new clad and 2 wheats. Then I went out front and again with the clad. I passed up many good coin signals just because the were to shallow and I didnt have time to mess around looking for new stuff. Went near the front porch and pulled a 64 rosy 5 " down and 5 more wheats and 2 canadian pennies in the 40's. The wheats where all common dates just like the other 300 or so Ive dug. Has anyone pulled any rare dates from the ground. I have to work 3rd shift the next few nights so I can spend some time detecting during the day. Sorry still no pc during my bass fishing tournament sat my trolling motor broke so it will cost 5 to 6 hundred to replace but after that I will post my finds. HH

Upvote 0
When you detect "Next door" you don't have to worry abount finding more than the gas costs...

About those shallow targets though, My 1803 large cent was only about 2 1/2" deep so you never know.

i feel your pain on the motor happened to me before.great find with the wheats and silver.should be more,i keep hitting my yard from time to time and it still produces once in a while.

peace,bigrig

Cool finds!! Sounds like you should hit it again when time permits.HH

Congrats on the silver, & wheat's, WTG!!!
Too bad about the trolling motor. I haven't even had my boat out this year. All my extra time goes on detecting...
I might fire it up here soon just to detect on some of the sand bars that are up, and down the river... Ever tried any of them?, I have never tried it, but I would think their would be something washed up onto them...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Good digs for a quick hunt John....But it's hard to feel sorry for you on the motor thing. Here you are Fishing Bass and Fishing Coins in the same week. I haven't had time to fish a sardine out of a can at lunch lately! Just kidding....Hope your fishing luck changes and your MD'ing luck holds ;D~CO2

I would certainly go back and dig those not so deep signals my silver quarter that I just found was maybe 3 to 4 inches down so you never know.
Mchamby :)

Sorry bout the Motor but the coins are good finds and I would definetly head on back there. Trolling for bass or Trolling for coins ,It's all good. 8) HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back