silver isnt allways underground

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Ive been looking for silver in rolled coins at small stores lately, and the % is kind of low. But here are a few of the finds recently 1942 half, 1964 quarter,1957 wheat43 steel, and 1909. I found 4 rolls of pennies that had been rolled in 1958, 1909 was earliest so far.
I found those at a small store, then while checking ebay I found several places to buy the same thing, old rolls.

Attachments

• coingame.jpg
    coingame.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0
Did you check the back of the 1909 to see if it might be a VDB?

You would be amazed at some of the things that pop out of 50 cent rolls! There isn't much call for them and it's still easy to get old coins! ;)

No VDB's but the quarter the 57 and the steel are almost uncirculated. Thats what Im looking for. Got 4 rolls of pennies comin Ill post best from those.

Great finds, I used to regularly pick up a couple rolls of half dollars every other week from the bank. The main goal was to find the occasional pre-1965s mixed in, so far I've found nearly a dozen or more over the past few years. Then it's just fun to spend them, tends to throw people off at the coffee shop. Amazing amount of people don't know what they are, you actually have to tell them it's 50 cents.

Nice finds dano!Searhing through rolls=hours of fun.

nice finds dano! i found a merc in a roll the other day.I find a few but like you said %is low but still worth lookin.

peace,bigrig

I did get one really nice 1917 from the ebay site, but its rigged to look like old rolls. He messed up when he slipped and let a 1978 in LOL!!! So Im sticking to small towns at stores not the banks . But the 1917 is choice!

Attachments

• 1917.jpg
    1917.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 325
You are right dano91, ebay does have some great deals and those little stores can also be good? ;)

There's some great THing on ebay if you really are careful. The secret is to bid with your head not with your heart? ;)

I do metal detector THing but really I make my best finds on ebay. I do love the challenge? 8)

I hope you find lots of goodies out there.

I do the same I find treasures on ebay; not once have I been jiped and I have 100% feedback!

Sometimes you can get real lucky!! I said it once and I will say it again. My friend went to the bank and got nine rolls of BU 1965-1969 Fifty Cent pieces. Paid $10.00 a roll and sold some for $40.00 a roll to a coin dealer.

Keep looking, HH!!

Attachments

• money2.gif
    money2.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 188
  • money2.gif
    money2.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 194

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back