πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hadn't found much for four hours of hunting in the camp. Until I can get back in the FIELDS, I feel like the woods are just clean-up now. This farm has been VERY good to me - coins, many buttons, including Eagles, New York, Michigan and Massachusetts. Cannonball, McEvoy igniter, but the finds are thin and scarce now after three years. I had hunted hard in the ugly spots and had a knapsack hook, two 3-ringers (one swaged) and two case shot. Then this little puppy showed itself.

DSCN3515.jpg

Always amazed at how bright they are after 150 years in the dirt and weather. Crazy thing is, I have found THREE war year half dimes at this farm. No other coins from the period but but IH pennies.

So, it was a good day!

DSCN3518.jpgDSCN3519.jpgDSCN3522.jpg

Upvote 24
Sweet. They made very few seated coins throughought the 1860s. Too bad its not a 1863-67.

Toasted: I'll have to check my other two. I'm not a coin guy. Those years something special?

really nice find fora hunted hard area, congrats

Toasted: I'll have to check my other two. I'm not a coin guy. Those years something special?

Yeah. It would be worth as much as your Tejon. The others are probably 1861 as they minted the most that year

Last edited:
Sweet hunt!! Congratulations!

HH, RN

Very nice finds, congrats.

Congrats on the nice finds.

That coin is extra sweet.

Best of luck to you sir!

There is nothing like a coin that is a relic. Great condition excellent history. Congratulations

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Very nice find Parsons!!! Looks like things been good to yah out in the Norther Neck !! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back