✅ SOLVED SILVER EAGLE PIN, Patriotic or Military?

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone seen one of these? about 25X28 MM. Thanks for looking :thumbsup:
NH FINDS 02-20-2015  (12).JPGNH FINDS 02-20-2015  (13).JPGNH FINDS 02-20-2015  (23).JPGNH FINDS 02-20-2015  (24).JPG

Steelheadwill, This appears to be a US Navy garrison cap device, unknown if officer or enlisted. I am sure a militaria expert will advise shortly. Cool find, congrats, Sub 8-)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a WWII US Navy officers hat badge.
5.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks all Esp BosunMate :thumbsup: My first silver military issue find, I thought that symbol was USN, I am thrilled.
It's 5:11 am here, headed out now to catch a -1.2 tide at 7:30, outside temp a balmy 28F, Found this item on a recent PM low tide at -10 with wind chill, all about preparation, and of course how bad you have that monkey on your back. HH everyone !!!

Upvote 0
Very cool find buddy. It help up well. Hope you find something great with this nice extra low tide

Upvote 0
Thanks Guys, Chris we got 3-6 feet depending on wind drift, 12+ inch ice dams on everyones roofs, lots of work out there to be had.
How bout out your way?

Upvote 0
Thanks Guys, Chris we got 3-6 feet depending on wind drift, 12+ inch ice dams on everyones roofs, lots of work out there to be had.
How bout out your way?

Frozen ground...TO MUCH SNOW,but....spring is in the air.I would say with spring runoff river walking will be NICE.I keep hitting the same spots,schools..parks....still pulling up good stuff.I'm going to try door knocking along main street here,so many places I would really like to swing! I just have this thing when I ask and get NO.:laughing7:

Upvote 0
I posted the silver Eagle on left years ago and we never got it greenchecked (Post lost during website update around 2011)
] Now I see that is identical to the eagle on USN Officers pin, their construction seems quite fragile.
Congrats and thanks to everyone who helps put a name on these difficult puzzles !!
WHATSIT.JPG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back