Silver Canadian Nickel

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, no picture, but i found it today a little while ago. Interesting little coin. It's smaller than a U.S. dime and is silver with the ridges on the edge. It has a king on the front and 5 Cents Canada on the back, but no date. The date is not wore off, its just not there. I have never seen a silver nickel before so does anyone have any ideas to how old it is?

Upvote 0
Thanks Buckram, you nailed it again! 8)

This is the George one. Still cant see the date tho. Coin has seen better days, but no evidence of a date is anywhere to be found ????

Researched some info about the coin. It must be a 1911 because it lacks the words DEI GRATIA on the front. They call these "The Godless Coins" and it puts them in a different catagory from the rest of the silver George Nickels. In 1912 the DEI GRATIA was included again making these the only year they were "Godless". ?

Well, this heathen coin must have ticked someone off cause it looks like they hammered it a few times with something, or maybe the ground grading process did a number on it?

Cool. Nice work on the nickel find. How many wheaties did you get. Did you see or feel any ghosts around that creepy site? :-) Think there might be lots more good stuff?

I pulled 12 Wheaties, 2 pre 82 Memorials, 1 Clad Dime, 2 Keys, 1 fully intact old time fountain pen, 1 30-06 rifle shell casing (spent), and a necklace charm.

Yeah, dude, i'm sure there is more good stuff as i barely hunted the place.

It isnt too creepy, but i wouldnt want to be there at night. :o

One weird thing did happen, but i will tell ya later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back