Silver and Gold!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hey all.? Had a very disappointing week of MD'ing last week.? Decided that if I was ever going to get something better than a bagfull of clad I'd have to change up my routine.? Set my sights on finding a really old coin and so started hitting sites that I thought would be likely.? My hat's off to all you guys that have the patience to spend hours at sites that produce old coins with little excitement between finds!? I was doing my usual routine of about 2 hours after work per day with no results except the old lock and key in first pic.? Lots of old metallic junk but nothing worth bagging.? Then on Friday, with my TH wits at their frazzled end, I decided to wave the MD around the apartment complex I'd been working at all week and hit all the rest of these goodies in less than 30 minutes.? I can't believe how just when I think I probably ought to quit wasting so much of my free time on MD'ing, something like this happens and I'm hooked all over again. ;D? The rings both came from the same hole at about 1 1/2" and I'm still shaking over that find.? These are by far my best finds to date.? Seem to be a man's and ladies' ring buried together (Love to know that story)!? The mens ring has 20 little diamonds and the blue stone, and the ladies ring has 10 little diamonds and the red stone.? I've got to get them to a jeweler to look them over as I have no idea what they are or if they're real.? There are markings inside of them but I can't make them out.? The charm bracelet is 925 silver and was right on top.? The Crucifix and what I think is a pentagram were from under two trees about 8 feet apart (talk about your war of good and evil)!? The coin is a mardi-gras souvenir from Universal Studios Florida and was good for an adrenaline punch when I first saw the reeded edge of the coin (This is the same place I dug my 1923 Peace dollar).? Hope all of you are bagging a bunch of good stuff too! ~CO2

Attachments

• DCP02932.jpg
    DCP02932.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 499
  • 5605.jpg
    5605.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 498
Upvote 0
Hey thats my pentagram! I lost it banging my head at an Iron Maiden concert back in 83' Cool finds man! That pentagram brings back those long hair, heavy metal days of the 80's , thanks for this pics.

Those are some really great finds! Someone traveled a long way from there to go to Mardi Gras!

Congratulations on the rings!

Nana ;)

Post Script....If anyone knows anything about the lock or key I'd appreciate knowing a little more about either one since they represent about 6 hours of hunting. ?The key says "BNINO" or "BNING" on it. ?Seems to me like there ought to be a few more vowels involved there but whatever. ?Thanks up front~CO2 ;D

Really Great finds Colorado2. The world is covered with treasure and you now know that to be true. don't get discouraged over a any of this. Remember Our finds are like Pennies from heaven and we take them when we can. If you really want to Find some cool Stuff Head out to Steamboat and hunt the Skilift line in about a month. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Everyone just grabs the stuff on top after the snow melts but if you hit that with a metal detector you will not be disappointed. Good Luck.

WOW, awesome finds! Just goes to show you, when you're ready to give up and quit for the day, that's when you say, Ok, just 10 more minutes. That happened to me 2 weeks ago. I was hunting a freshwater beach, and it was starting to rain, so I worked my way up a middle section of the sandy beach, close th where I parked my car, and was ready to quit for the day. I said, ok, lets do 10 more minutes over on the edge of the sand where the sand meets the grass and BANG, my ACE250 sniffs out a gorgeous .925 silver Tiffany & Co ring!! Boy was I pumped, but I finsished my 10 more minutes, hit the car, headed home, and posted the ring here on the forum, lol! Again, nice finds, hopefully your luck is swinging back to "good" on the find-o-meter!!

Let us know about the rings,they do not look cheap,of course it could be due to the picture.ARCOM

Alright you CO Dude! You are the man this week. I've got out a few times over the past couple of weeks, but clad just doesn't excite me. One small silver ring & a few bucks in clad. Hit some really good looking sites but founs zip for old stuff. Guess I,m in a dry spell. Congrats on the rings & good stuff. Spotz

Nice finds! I went to the beach on Saturday and found toe nail clippers and a rusty zipper. Oh, and a dime. Cost me ten bucks to park. Oh well... next time right?

Happy Hunting ...Great job!

Pretty awesome finds. Persistence really paid off for you.

I don't know about the lock, but the key is to an old Burlington Northern Railway switch lock. (BN INC), presently known as the Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad (BNSF).

very very nice things i need to know about thoose 2 rings thoose stones valuables or not?

regards

WTG, nice rings, I hope they are real. Best of luck and HH!

Attachments

• WTG1.jpg
    WTG1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 310
  • WTG1.jpg
    WTG1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 263
caratjuice said:
Pretty awesome finds. Persistence really paid off for you.

I don't know about the lock, but the key is to an old Burlington Northern Railway switch lock. (BN INC), presently known as the Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad (BNSF).
Thanks for the info Carat! Too bad I didn't find the lock that went to that key! Makes sense that it's Burlington Northern. Their tracks are about a quarter mile from the site I found the key. Thanks again for filling in the blanks~CO2

Well it looks like I need to start hitting the parks and such after work too. Great finds there CO2, I am jealous too. Thanks for the tip Floater will make a specail trip to Steamboat next month. How about the other ski areas around Dillon? Any suggestions?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back