sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife had to take a business trip to Los Angeles so I decided to go down for the night to surprise her. Of course, I took my detector just in case I had a little free time. Well I got a late start heading back home so I found a park just off of the freeway in the middle of a metropolitan area. From the quick, 5 minute research I did I found that the park was established in the 1950s.

I started hunting and was pleasantly surprised with the lack of trash. I started hitting coin after coin after coin, including a silver 1954 quarter. Based on the sheer number of good targets I began to wonder if this park had been hunted much. At one point I got a solid 12-06 on my E-Trac. Normally I don't dig those numbers since they are nearly always can slaw or foil. Just due to the lack of trash in this park, I decided to check it out. I'm glad I did because about 4 inches down I pulled out a 10K gold ring!

After 1 hour and 45 minutes the sun was down and the park was closing so I had to leave. For less than a two hour hunt I did quite well. I ended up with the gold ring, silver quarter, three of the same aluminum religious medallions, a 1984 Chuck E Cheese token, Peter Piper Pizza token, and an L.A. Transit token. That is not including the clad which included 18 quarters. This park is 3 hours away, but I'm tempted to take a day trip real soon!

image-485317230.jpg

image-3198146071.jpg

Upvote 13
Very nice ring and finds! Hope you will be checking that park out again!
Lack of trash! How often does that happen!

Welcome to T Net!

Beautiful ring !

Red would have put that On her finger without Cleaning It off First!!! She is A Yellow Gold Freak!!!

Nice looking ring!!

That's a pretty ring there! I'm jealous!

Sweet, I did the same when my wife had a meeting down that way, didn't do as well as you did though.

Nice ring find!
Has your wife added it to her jewelry collection yet?

Very good spot you found.. Hope you go back soon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back