Silver and Gold Sunday!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hi all...Hope you're finding what you're looking for! I got out for about an hour today and had a wonderful hunt. Went back to the middle school where I've been hitting alot of jewelry lately, and hit my fifth gold ring. Also got a silver ring and an Italian silver bracelet. The gold ring was a surface find and is 14k with a white gold horsehead silouette on it. The .925 bracelet was at about 4" and is very heavy. The silver ring came at about 2" is .925 and is some sort of a puzzle ring. It's damaged but very unique to me. I've never seen anything like it. It's got 3 separate rings that rotate to produce two hands holding a heart. Also just short of 2 bucks in clad. These rings represent my 5th gold ring and my 24th and 25th keeper rings in five months of hunting. I wish I had more time to MD. :-\ Hope you're getting out more than me ;D~CO2

Attachments

• DCP03079.jpg
    DCP03079.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 523
  • Dcp03082.jpg
    Dcp03082.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 526
  • Dcp03084.jpg
    Dcp03084.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 520
  • Dcp03081.jpg
    Dcp03081.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0
Nice!

HH

Lonewolfe

Great digs! Where on the school did you find them? HH

Great Finds. It was weird seeing that bracelet in silver. It looks just like the 10k one I found at the lake Saturday. Same pattern, clasp apart the same too. Just missing what looks like a tag on yours. Great Finds. Hope to get some pics of mine up tomorrow.

Wow!!! Great digs...
Thats a lot of rings for 5 motnths, your definitely doing something right... any tips on finding rings?
I don't find too many of them around here. Not sure if it;s me, or there just not around... :'(
Good luck & Happy hunting~

jimmy5503 said:
Great digs! Where on the school did you find them? HH
Hey Jim...I found these under a shade tree at the parent pick-up/drop-off zone in front of the school.

Leon said:
Wow!!!? Great digs...
Thats a lot of rings for 5? motnths, your definitely doing something right... any tips on finding rings?
I don't find too many of them around here. Not sure if it;s me, or there just not around... :'(
Good luck & Happy hunting~
What's up Leon? My ring finds were sporadic until I realized that the number of nickels and pull tabs I was digging had diminished too. I had become a lazy hunter and walked past most signals in the VDI range of +12 to +35 or so. That's where most pull-tabs fall in on my machine. The gold ring was a solid +14....right where most can-slaw reads. The bracelet read +35. The silver rings fall in at the dime range for small profiles and the quarter range for the bigger profiles. Chances are you haven't been hunting where there are rings because I know you'd dig those signals. But then again, I'm not getting any of those cool old coins you've been posting either! Location, location, location! HH~CO2

WoW... ! Looks like your going to need a bigger TREASURE CHEST
in another month ..... Great looking collection......

Thanks for posting, Keep'm com'n........ HH BRINK

HEy C02! Lookin good as usual. I haven't got out lately, but I am going to Buffalo, Wyoming Thursday for a family reunion. Got the daughters wedding done, & it was a real stud buster. Put a Royal wedding to shame any day of the week.

Back to Wyoming! My wifes family own some ranches that are signifigant in the Johnson County Cattle Wars history like TA Ranch, Wagon Box Fight site, Property near Fettremans Massacre, Tom Horn & such. Her Uncle is gonna fix me up with an exclusive hunt on a couple of possibly undetected sites. Only gonna get part of two days to hunt & I'm more than ready.

You keep it up & old Onion Rings will be getting jealous.

Spotz

Hey Spotz...Good to hear from you! Thought you'd ended up in bankruptcy over the wedding ;D Your hunt possibilities sound fantastic, hope that all works out well for you. I'm afraid it would take a strong finish to my year to match master Onions' 1st year collection of rings. I just don't get out enough for those kinds of incredible results. Good luck in Wyo, and sincere congratulations on the successful wedding~CO2

Thanks C02! I have the old DFX all ready to go. Just hope that I can sneak away to hunt. If I can't get away from the reunion too far, I plan to hunt the Buffalo fair grounds where the reunion will be, at the verry least. We are spending a night & one morning at the wife's Uncle's ranch so i should get on at least one quality site for a few hours.

The wedding was fantastic. I complained about all the expense, but in the end, it was worth every penny. I have a fantastic new son in law & my daughter is beaming brighter than the morning sun. It only cost about the same as 12 or 13 new DFX's.

I'll post the results of the trip when I get back. Spotz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back