Shotgun Shells and Silver II - The Sequel

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent about three hours today hitting the same field I posted about yesterday, and it was certainly worth my time. I found a few more old shotgun shells (dating from the late 1880's to early 1900's), an odd copper or brass pendant with a mask on it, an old belt buckle, another small silver ring, and a piece of jewelry which has fallen or broken off of some larger piece.

Below is a pic of all the day's keepers.
All items.jpg

Here are two pics (one of each side) of the belt buckle. I'm sure someone out there can give me an estimate as to how old it is. I plan on cleaning it up with electrolysis later and can post those pics if anyone wants to see them.
Buckle Side 1.jpg
Buckle Side 2.jpg

Here is the mask pendant. There is no writing on it whatsoever. I'm pretty sure it's made of brass. I would love to know more about this piece (although I find it a little creepy!).
Mask Pendant.jpg

Here are the shotgun shells.
UMC Co No 12.jpgPCC League No 12.jpgUnknown Make 410.jpg

This is the tiny piece of silver with possible real diamond chips. There are no markings on it. It did test as silver, but only in the 65-75 percent range.
Silver and possible diamond jewelry piece.jpg

And finally, here is the latest silver ring. Sadly, it is broken (whoever lost it had tucked the broken end into the space below the heart so that it stayed relatively in a ring shape). It is marked "925" on the band.
Silver Ring.jpgSilver Ring 925 mark.jpg

As always, thanks for taking the time to look at my post and I hope all of you have a wonderful New Year!

Last edited:
Upvote 13
Congratualtions on the relics and jewelry! :occasion14:

Nice finds hope those are diamonds Happy Holidays to you also.. Tommy

I am digging the Phantom of the Opera brass Masked Pendent thingy. Yeah, it has the creep factor to it. Ya' got some old head stamps there. Now if a few old coins matching those head stamps would emerge things would be peachy! Some silver for good measure too. Nice hunt.:hello:

I am digging the Phantom of the Opera brass Masked Pendent thingy. Yeah, it has the creep factor to it. Ya' got some old head stamps there. Now if a few old coins matching those head stamps would emerge things would be peachy! Some silver for good measure too. Nice hunt.:hello:

Tell me about it! Whoever lived there in the 1880's had no problem dropping shotgun shells, and based on the belt buckle, his pants. You'd think he would have dropped a coin or two!

Tell me about it! Whoever lived there in the 1880's had no problem dropping shotgun shells, and based on the belt buckle, his pants. You'd think he would have dropped a coin or two!
Its not a belt buckle its a horse harness buckle.

Its not a belt buckle its a horse harness buckle.

I believe you are absolutely correct! Thank you so much for your input! (Below are pics of the buckle after electrolysis.)

Harness Buckle Post Electrolysis Side 1.jpgHarness Buckle Post Electrolysis Side 2.jpg

Amazing how that iron cleans up.
Nice old finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back