Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea went to the river today and touched on a couple of sites.But main reason for posting is needing ID on this button I found. Before I start my cleaning.From what I can tell it looks to have a shield or crown with a reef around it and some letters.Does this sound right? :dontknow: Anything good about it?Before I start. :laughing9:

Attachments

• 000_0001.jpg
    000_0001.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 625
  • 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 636
  • 000_0003.jpg
    000_0003.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 622
  • 000_0004.jpg
    000_0004.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 618
Upvote 0
After looking more at it I'd say shield and the writing is just above it if this helps.Looks like it starts with a (B). Also is a reef.

The only thing I can tell from the pic is that it's from the mid to late 1700's

A quick drawing of what I think I'm seeing the shield may be a little different.

Attachments

• 000_0001_00.jpg
    000_0001_00.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 559
timekiller said:
A quick drawing of what I think I'm seeing the shield may be a little different.

I think it's a beer cap. ;D

Attachments

• Labatt_Blue_Beer.jpg
    Labatt_Blue_Beer.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 426
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:

I think it's a beer cap. ;D
Man I know where your mine is at :laughing7: :laughing9: ;D I was not all there on it either though. After cleaning it some and boy that stuff was stuck on this good.It was not a reef around it or a shield but at least I got the (BLUE) right. Turns out it's a old buckle in the center of the button with (buckle) wrote under it. :laughing9: Sorry Guy's wishful thinking I guess! :laughing9: ;D Now Patch what was that thread you just opened in MY BEST FINDS! :D :thumbsup:
Anyway say's (BLUE BUCKLE ON IT) but I can't find nothing on the company yet.

Attachments

• 000_0001.jpg
    000_0001.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 383
  • 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 392
Is the button pewter? In the first pics it looked like it was pewter with an iron shank. That's why I was thinking it was colonial. Now that it's cleaned it looks like it's iron. It looks more like a cover all button now.

vayank54 said:
Is the button pewter? In the first pics it looked like it was pewter with an iron shank. That's why I was thinking it was colonial. Now that it's cleaned it looks like it's iron. It looks more like a cover all button now.
:thumbsup:

I have found a few of those in the woods behind my house. Blue Buckle was a brand of overhauls,coveralls and bluejeans .

RJH02 said:
I have found a few of those in the woods behind my house. Blue Buckle was a brand of overhauls,coveralls and bluejeans .

:icon_thumright:

yeap, not too old either

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back