Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023

Attachments

• IMG_6085.jpeg
    IMG_6085.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
Upvote 9
Those little suckers can really bite!
I don't recall seeing a clock motor being posted up before.

Yikes, another insect hazard for metal detectorists! We have to be a tough bunch. Mosquitos, biting flies, ticks and now red ants. (I know ticks are arachnids, but they are the size and hazard of insects, so I lumped them in the same hazard category.)

Yikes, another insect hazard for metal detectorists! We have to be a tough bunch. Mosquitos, biting flies, ticks and now red ants. (I know ticks are arachnids, but they are the size and hazard of insects, so I lumped them in the same hazard category.)
I have a phobia of spiders but I know I get them on me in woods. I don’t really see them but I knowthey are on me especially when I go through a web. I try to brush it off super fast. I can’t dwell on it I got to hunt . Hmmm maybe I’m over my fear or it’s getting better

Ants, yeah, you gotta mind where you excavate, I've run into them a few times. For me, right now, it's mosquitoes and midges. Things are bad enough here between the bugs and the 3 digit temps that I can't really do any relic hunting without paying a price which is frustrating, the long days in theory would be great for extended hunts but conditions are pretty rough. Nice finds, sorry you got bitten so bad, I'm ready for fall already😤

The long item looks like a tire balancing weight with the lead missing. Is it actually a hair clip?

Between the rain and awful humidity I got a hunt in at a site near work on my lunch break. Got into some red ants. They got on my detector and my shovel and didn’t know it until I had them in my hands . Ouch . About 30 bites. Found this clock motor, lock, hair clip and marble. Thanks for looking
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back