Short Hunt Nets Silver and LC

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
It's been some time since I've found something worthy of posting, since my recent work schedule has significantly cut into my hunting time. This morning I had some time to get in a short hunt before it got too hot, so I headed to one of my longtime hunting grounds, the Sports Complex. I've probably hunted this 30+ soccer field complex over 100 times in the last three years and recent tournaments have been held there, so maybe I might find some jewelry recently lost. I was about 15 minutes into hunting an area between two of the fields and I got a 79 VDI reading on my DFX about 4 inches deep. Much to my surprise, there was a 1964 Rosie sitting in the bottom of the hole when I removed the plug. I hadn't found any silver coins...ever, at this complex! About 30 minutes later, I get a VDI of 79 - 81, again about 4 inches deep in an area between the ends of two soccer fields. I pulled the plug, and the target was still in the hole. As I worked some of the very dry dirt loose with my lesche, up popped a coin and by the size of it, I knew it was a large cent....it turned out to be an 1836. This is the third LC I've found at this site (1828 & 1829 were the other two). It was getting hot so I called it a day and went home with a smile on my face. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 101_1051.JPG
    101_1051.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 321
Upvote 0
Awesome finds Congratulations [detecting]
TTH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back