Short ditch digging

SeekerProB

Nov 16, 2018
South East Alabama
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Began with Bounty Hunter, Now have AT Pro and AT Max.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a lot of daylight after work so I decided to check the ditch beside the house. Found a big piece of iron all bent up. Aluminum of course. A piece of rotten wood that sang for me. Not a nail, a small bullet. An old US defiance no 12 shot gun shell red paper. And, before there was pull tabs there was this: 20181128_172445.jpg

Upvote 13
Keep at at it the goodies will be yours soon! :occasion14:

I agree the best is yet to come. Keep at it and congrats on the finds.

Not a lot of daylight after work so I decided to check the ditch beside the house. Found a big piece of iron all bent up. Aluminum of course. A piece of rotten wood that sang for me. Not a nail, a small bullet. An old US defiance no 12 shot gun shell red paper. And, before there was pull tabs there was this:View attachment 1655957

I remember wearing a church key around my neck to open cans with in the 50's

Research your area and the good finds will come.

Hey, I remember those to ! Now you have to go find a cone top beer can !

I agree with Whyme look up old ball parks camp sites research the history of your Town you will be hooked before you know it lol Tommy

Oh I am already hooked! Now I just need to settle down and be more meticulous in listening and digging. This afternoon my finds ranged from angle iron to an engine block to toys and some lead. A coupling pin and a bunch of nails20181129_160436.jpg20181129_173458.jpg20181129_165939.jpg

received_261765287833923.jpeg
This is in a hay field . The same field that I found the token inside a bottle cap and the organ reed and the Alabama tax token. So I am thinking this was a side yard by an old house that no longer exists. Probably just a matter of time before I find a coin or two!

Last edited:
Congrats Seeker, Cool finds!

When I was in the Cub Scouts soda came in bottles beer cans were just transitioning from the cans with necks to the flat top cans like you found. We made foot stools out two tiers of cans and some cardboard covered with Vinyl fabric. It tickles me to think that somewhere in the attics of old homes there are some old beer cans in pristine condition.

Best wishes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back