Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We got a nice day (for a change) so I went out to map & make some notes before starting on my first permission.
"The Bug" got me, so I wound up digging a few... er... unplanned "test holes" near the 1850 farmhouse. 🙄

A handful of short (1½") nails, a screw-on Pepsi cap, and this...
1709322467693.png

I've seen bottle openers similar to this, but this may be the shortest. Wasn't sure at first, but closer examination revealed 3 little tabs where they would contact the crimped bottle cap. I'm guessing it may date to the 50s/60s?

Upvote 3
Beer bottles mostly. We had one when we used to go to the big Friday night campfire trying to get a date with the girls for the weekend 🤭

We got a nice day (for a change) so I went out to map & make some notes before starting on my first permission.
"The Bug" got me, so I wound up digging a few... er... unplanned "test holes" near the 1850 farmhouse. 🙄

A handful of short (1½") nails, a screw-on Pepsi cap, and this...
View attachment 2134678

I've seen bottle openers similar to this, but this may be the shortest. Wasn't sure at first, but closer examination revealed 3 little tabs where they would contact the crimped bottle cap. I'm guessing it may date to the 50s/60s?
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back