"Shoreline Treasure Hunting with the Minelab Excalibur: Methods and Applications"

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...
"Shoreline Treasure Hunting with the Minelab Excalibur: Methods and Applications"

Shoreline Treasure Hunting with the Minelab Excalibur:
Methods and Applications
Clive James Clynick is the author of twelve previous treasure hunting books and numerous articles. In this detailed and informative book Mr. Clynick shares his thirty-plus years of shoreline detecting experience to produce this advanced guide to successful treasure hunting with the Minelab Excalibur. Topics include:
· Modifications, Customization and Accessories
· BBS Strengths and Weakness.
· Testing, Using and Applying High Power Systems.
· Grades, Sand Conditions and BBS Performance.
· Recognizing Problem Targets.
· Versatility, Accuracy and Skill Building.
· Understanding Shorelines.
· Understanding Target Classification.
· Multiple Targets: “Cherry-Picking.”
· BBS Target Information.
…and much more

$14.95 (8.5 X 5.5, Softbound, 88 pgs.)
Inquiries: [email protected]

Attachments

• Excal Proof F.jpg
    Excal Proof F.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 136
  • New Excal 3 cover Proof B.jpg
    New Excal 3 cover Proof B.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Clive,
I received your book a few days ago shortly after I ordered it from you.
Thanks for the personalized "Good Luck" message you wrote.

All the information I have read so far is invaluable and has saved me countless hours and frustration of trying to figure it out on my own.
I do have a few questions for you:
1) on pg. 20 #9 Goldinwater's System, is that done in Disc or Pinpoint?

2) In the back of the book (Appendix I) where you describe the sounds to identify objects. As someone new to the Excal, all the sounds are very foreign to me. It will take a long time of trial and error for me to figure them all out.
I am one who learns faster and retains more when shown something directly as opposed to reading about it.
Would you ever consider making an audio or video (youtube) ect. of examples of the particular sounds different targets make that you described in your book?
If you wanted to, perhaps you can make it in a way to only let people who bought your book access it.

Thanks again for sharing your wealth of knowledge on the Excal.
Ace

Hi Ace
Glad you like the book. Hate to say it but there is a lot more to learing the Excal / sove tones thatn just readingone book and away you go. some of my other books have more information on that subject. People always ask if it's worth buying more than one title--there IS a lot to learn about BBS machines, equipment handling, sites and shorelines. I actually do havea beginner book coming out that will contain an audio CD. Look for it in the next month or so.
GIW's system is used in disc mode--some like it, some not--handy to know how to use it though--it has a lot of punch under the right conditions.
Good Luck,
clive

Clive,
I received your book a few days ago shortly after I ordered it from you.
Thanks for the personalized "Good Luck" message you wrote.

All the information I have read so far is invaluable and has saved me countless hours and frustration of trying to figure it out on my own.
I do have a few questions for you:
1) on pg. 20 #9 Goldinwater's System, is that done in Disc or Pinpoint?

2) In the back of the book (Appendix I) where you describe the sounds to identify objects. As someone new to the Excal, all the sounds are very foreign to me. It will take a long time of trial and error for me to figure them all out.
I am one who learns faster and retains more when shown something directly as opposed to reading about it.
Would you ever consider making an audio or video (youtube) ect. of examples of the particular sounds different targets make that you described in your book?
If you wanted to, perhaps you can make it in a way to only let people who bought your book access it.

Thanks again for sharing your wealth of knowledge on the Excal.
Ace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back