Shelter Finds

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
My brother and I uncovered these Jan/Feb this year in our latest shelter dig. As you can see, this shelter was visited on and off for several thousand years. The larger triangular tools are sandwiched between the Woodland and Archaic layers, they could be reworked archaic pieces :dontknow:. Certainly not Woodland pieces.

The uniface scraper is the largest we've ever found and it shows beautiful work around the leading edge. It even has a spokeshave looking area on one side.

Shelter is on private property and at some point, partially dug.

Attachments

• DSCF2083.JPG
    DSCF2083.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 353
  • DSCF2095.JPG
    DSCF2095.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 358
  • DSCF2097.JPG
    DSCF2097.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 366
Upvote 0
Nice dig finds as always 1320!! Thanks for posting. Just thinking about digging makes my body hurt.

Gorgeous material, wonderful points, be thorough in your search, many people aren't!

Nice finds! The scraper you found, up here in montana we call it a thumb scraper due to it's size. The point in the lower right hand corner of the last photo looks like an oxbow point. Old digger.

You got some great stuff out of there, love the lithics. I can't wait to start my yearly digs, got to wait until end of May though, thats when the ground around here dries out enough. H H .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back