JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all, I'm a coin hunter and don't know much about relics or ballistics, dug up these two casings, they seem like a big caliber, but the real mystery is they look to have been closed up with pliers and they rattle when shaken...does anyone know the details of these, and what they are, and is it common for someone to close something up inside them? Thought it would be more suspenseful to get some opinions and info before I open them...thanks for any comments. DSC_0014 (754x800).jpgimg001437.jpg

Kuger knows what can be hiding in old shell casings! :wink:

No doubt more often than not, these are discarded as junk, before anyone checks the contents. I'm not sure what may be in these two particular examples, yet you will be surprised to know what some have found inside!

CC Hunter

Upvote 0
Hopefully those belonged to a prospector, prospectors were known to use old shell casings for containers for gold, silver, gemstones, small ore samples, etc., the list is endless for what someone could store inside the only container they would have on hand at the time of finding something of value.

Upvote 0
Well, when you open it, if you live, please tell us what is inside. I found one once that had a small pencil inside it.8-)

Upvote 0
Since you are in Indiana, I doubt it is gold, but I hope it is something cool for you!

Upvote 0
It could be some old crack rocks! J/K but I can't wait to find out

Upvote 0
Kuger knows what can be hiding in old shell casings! :wink:

No doubt more often than not, these are discarded as junk, before anyone checks the contents. I'm not sure what may be in these two particular examples, yet you will be surprised to know what some have found inside!

CC Hunter

:thumbsup:I may have to post that.......Yes,I found gold nuggets in two brass shotgun shell cases.My cousin also found a rolled up 1913 Hunting Lisc.

Upvote 0
here is mine....shell gold.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey all again, I waited till morning to open them cause I wanted it to be like Christmas (uh huh)...it was tiny rocks and dust...story of my life...sorry for the boring ending...fun while it lasted though.:occasion18:DSC_0015 (800x478).jpgDSC_0015 - Copy (800x505).jpg

Upvote 0
Well it some good looking dust if I do say so.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back