Shark Tooth Hunting in Florida on a HOT Day!

PaleoCris

Apr 8, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Vibra-Tector 730
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got out for another dirt road hunt here in Florida the other day which turned out to be pretty successful. We found a few nice little teeth, some with matrix still attached (which I love). It was HOT outside, though! We had to leave the AC and vehicle running, then just hop out anywhere that looked good and shoot right back to the vehicle. It had to be in the 90s, but with the humidity, the heat index definitely made it feel even hotter...We also had a dodge a nasty little thunderstorm which is typical for Florida when it's that hot outside.

For those of you who do not want to see a vid, here's an image taken from it showing most of the shark teeth we found:

vlcsnap-2018-06-20-13h12m43s195.png

It was another fun day, hunting for prehistoric treasure!

-PaleoCris

Upvote 11
I enjoy your sharks teeth hunts. Wish I would have tried that when I snowbirded down there. I did hunt for old clams with calcite crystals and found some. We have been going to Arizona for the winter the last 7 years. Not too many sharks teeth out there.

I enjoy your sharks teeth hunts. Wish I would have tried that when I snowbirded down there. I did hunt for old clams with calcite crystals and found some. We have been going to Arizona for the winter the last 7 years. Not too many sharks teeth out there.
Thanks John! Those calcite clams are very cool, especially the ones near Okeechobee (Ruck's Pit).

Nice finds! :occasion14:
Thanks Professor!

Hi, nice finds:icon_thumleft:

Very nice. That would be so fun to find sharks teeth. The inland beaches I go to just don't have those ! What a different way to treasure hunt !

Those are some cool teeth!

Thanks John! Those calcite clams are very cool, especially the ones near Okeechobee (Ruck's Pit).

Thanks Professor!

That's exactly where we went to hunt for them. Rucks Pit. We wintered in Sebring and Okeechobee wasn't far away. My dad lived in Okeechobee before he passed away. Keep posting more of your hunts. I really enjoy them.

Nice chompers! I have only found teeth in Florida once. Boca Grande beach. They wash up super tumbled and polished!

Great finds!

I used to live near Peace River and would have class trips where we were digging these up like crazy. Of course i have no clue where they ended up.

Hi, nice finds:icon_thumleft:
Thanks Brendan!

Very nice. That would be so fun to find sharks teeth. The inland beaches I go to just don't have those ! What a different way to treasure hunt !
Its definitely a very different, but fun, hunting method.

Those are some cool teeth!
Thanks BLK HOLE!

That's exactly where we went to hunt for them. Rucks Pit. We wintered in Sebring and Okeechobee wasn't far away. My dad lived in Okeechobee before he passed away. Keep posting more of your hunts. I really enjoy them.
Thanks for the encouragement to keep posting them. As long as people enjoy this stuff, I'll be sharing it.

Nice chompers! I have only found teeth in Florida once. Boca Grande beach. They wash up super tumbled and polished!
I have been some great teeth found on beaches all along the east coast, usually near anywhere dredging is done.

Great finds!

I used to live near Peace River and would have class trips where we were digging these up like crazy. Of course i have no clue where they ended up.
The Peace River is a great place...I've seen killer fossils from there.

Used to find lots at venice beach fl but that was a long time ago
Yeah, I've heard that the beaches in Venice used to be better hunting than they are now. Theres still great scuba diving places off of Venice for shark teeth.

Very nice finds! I hunted for sharks teeth for the first time a couple years ago and was instantly hooked. Beautiful teeth you got there.

Very nice finds! I hunted for sharks teeth for the first time a couple years ago and was instantly hooked. Beautiful teeth you got there.
It is definitely addicting! I've been hooked on it for the last 10 years or so.

Always enjoy your video's. That shark tooth hunting has to be awesome.

Wow I always wanted one Im stuck here in cold Michigan Well done great video Happy Holidays

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back