Sewer Grit

Tell her it's just cheap fertilizer for the garden then using detector and digging tell her it's cheaper than buying a roto-tiller.

go to any sewer & look in the bottom :) it's the dirt that collects

in the west (GOLD AREAS) gold washes in, plus as you said, Runoff from ditches,, Kids, & some adults I'm Shure ;D

Here's a link to a sewer article: http://www.ci.slc.ut.us/NewsEvents/news1102002.htm . Just think about it. Almost every woman has at one time or another lost a ring down the drain. There's an article on the Lost Treasure site today in "today's tip" that discusses how diamonds pop out of sets by temperature variables and where to look to find them. Giterdone

pretty soon we'll see "UNSEARCHED BAGS OF SEWER GRIT" next to "125000 UNSEARCHED OLD U.S. COINS !!!" and "ULTIMATE MIX OF UNSEARCHED PRECIOUS STONES!!" on ebay.

Was trying to remember-gosh it's hard gettin' old. ?If i'm not misteken I read somewhere that you can put grease on a flat piece of metal and pour stuff w/ diamonds on it(at a hig angle) and the diam. will stick to the grease and let most everything slide off. Anyone?

my chosen albeit primitive method would include gallons of pine sol from BJ's, a hose, and sifting.

how much IS a truckload of sewer grit anyway?

When I was into gold prospectig more and made it up to some of those areas, I had heard that if you found a corregated drain pipe that was from the dirt roads and collection points around these areas (not really sewage pipes, but road ones), that you could dig out the dirt in the bottom of each riffle and pan it to find gold. These pipes act just like a natural sluice. Try that one out and let me know if it works! I tried it when I found a pipe, but the angle on the pipe might have been to great to trap much. 8)

On one of the Gold Fever shows, Tom Massie was in a corrugated pipe not too far from a freeway, and he panned some color from the dirt and gunk that collected in the pipe, so I guess it's possible.

That was the show where the man was Bringing dirt home & paning it in his back yard. I think that was where he was getting his too. and why Tom went there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back