Several silvers a token long way from home, cool button, bullet etc

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Havn't gotten out much and missed detecting today so decided to upload some pictures and post these for you all to enjoy. These pictures actually represent about a half dozen hunts. 7 of the mercs and one of the barbers came from one site, one barber (the one I scratched the back of with the digger.....grrr) and the bullet came from another hunted out site. The 69 cal bullet I at first thought was shot but on closer inspection it appears to be one that was pushed and pryed out of the back of the gun. It has a circular ramrod mark on the top and several places around the base that look like something similar to a pocket knife was used to pry it out. Not sure as I've never seen one like this before. The token pictured with a trio of mercs and a half a locket is a Seattle Washington Municipal Railways Full Fare token....a long way from home here in Southeast Missouri. The locket half is heavily gold plated and I probably would not have found it except that it must have been laying on top of some excavated dirt when they washed the concrete truck shoot out.....it was stuck in a thin film of cured concrete. Still a cool find and appears to be pretty old. The little squashed button was found in a local sidewalk/road pull out recently. I figured it was a button when I found it but it took me a while to clean it up and see the GAR imprinted on the smashed front. GAR is Grand Army of the Republic, making this button a Civil War Veteran's. Wish it was in better shape but still neat to find. There are some large pack/saddle rivets that came from a hunted out park. Found those and a 1911 barber fairly close together. The barber was right off the end of a buried shovel head (go figure) that must have been masking its signal all this time, until I hit it from the right direction. I know I and others have detected over it before and it was only about 4 inches deep! There are also some other odds and ends, a few fired pistol round balls, some smashed cartridges of different calibers. A buffalo nickel and some wheaties, and some lead pack seals.

Attachments

• 712finds4.jpg
    712finds4.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 712finds3.jpg
    712finds3.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 712finds5.jpg
    712finds5.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 712finds2.jpg
    712finds2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 712finds1.jpg
    712finds1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 712finds.jpg
    712finds.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 711find.jpg
    711find.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 1
very nice finds for this area-good to see someone is finding something! im finding alot of clad and 2 more silver rings but no silver coins. must be the detector not the detectorist-lol. anyways congrats and maybe will see u guys soon! like the GAR button alot.

Nice bunch of finds... Congrats on the silver and pulling some finds from a hunted out site. :icon_thumright:

It is amazing the variety you are finding down there. I am really impressed by the GAR button, you certainly do not find many items like that. When you can find silver, civil war and wayward items (the Seattle token), it is a good hunting season. Always appreciate seeing what others find here in Missouri. Keep up the posts.

Exellent finds.:icon_thumleft:

Congrats on the Silver, token, button and other nice Keepers!

TommNJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back