Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings All!

I was out banging around in the woods and had a fantastic day. Came upon what I'm thinking was a BSA camping site. Loads of targets, with seven silver coins dug. Best for me in quite some time.

DSC02133.JPG

Here are some close-ups of the coins

DSC02102.JPG
DSC02126.JPG
DSC02131.JPG

In the same general area, I also hit on another colonial shoe buckle. The scalloped edges on this buckle is pretty unusual in my experience.

DSC02104.JPG
DSC02111.JPG
DSC02123.JPG

Still very sexy in my book! Pretty great when you can find targets from the 20th century and the 18th century right on top of each other.

Thanks for taking a look.

Attachments

• DSC02118.JPG
    DSC02118.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 45
Heck Ya! That's a great day of detecting.
Congrats on the silvers, not many days like that come along.
The sweet keeper though is the buckle, certainly a top shelf recovery.

Greetings All!

I was out banging around in the woods and had a fantastic day. Came upon what I'm thinking was a BSA camping site. Loads of targets, with seven silver coins dug. Best for me in quite some time.

View attachment 2079115

View attachment 2079119View attachment 2079120View attachment 2079121

In the same general area, I also hit on another colonial shoe buckle. The scalloped edges on this buckle is pretty unusual in my experience.

View attachment 2079122View attachment 2079123View attachment 2079125

Still very sexy in my book! Pretty great when you can find targets from the 20th century and the 18th century right on top of each other.

Spectacular day for you! Any clues on an slq date?

You were be boppin and scattin!

Greetings All!

View attachment 2079115

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

I have to tell you, in 1992, my second year at this hobby, I found 6 silver coins for the year (here in Mass), to put your day into persepctive! That buckle is insane- I've seen hundreds through my years and never seen one found like that- Congrats!!

I have to tell you, in 1992, my second year at this hobby, I found 6 silver coins for the year (here in Mass), to put your day into persepctive! That buckle is insane- I've seen hundreds through my years and never seen one found like that- Congrats!!
Thanks Jeff! Every few years I stumble on to a site like this one. It's a very rare day when you can extract this many silver coins. I would agree...the shoe buckle is quite unique. I've never found one that looks even close.

Another shoe buckle!?!?? Does your detector have an exclusive 18th century buckle setting 😁? Seriously, that’s a great buckle. Love the silver too, especially the SLQ, even in its worn shape. Best wishes on continued luck there.

Greetings All!

View attachment 2079115

That’s an outstanding day! Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back