Seriously Chinese Anyone!

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
I have a buddy who I flyfish with who called last week and said: "I got you permission to hunt this old place on Pine Top Trail "- well I hit it this am and found a wheatie,a memorial,tons of iron junk,2 whatsits................

then worked my way under some branches and as I was thinking about brunch I said to my self: WHY NOT SOME CHINESE.....................................enjoy the cache of Chinese Cash Coins............all twelve plus a wooden nickel play coin.......they were in a pile together....at first I thought they were a pile of washers.....then noticed the tell tale sign of mojo writing......................aloha johny mc. www.theadventurelodge .com

Attachments

• P1010059.JPG
    P1010059.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 351
Upvote 0
Great story!
Next time, try thinking about Golden, Co., Silver Springs, Md. or Diamondback Ski Resort. :)
pickaback

Jake- My guess would be....

Late 1800's.........this site dates back to 1792...there is still a house there......however most of the chinese cash coins I have found IN THE Lehigh Valley were not that old.....I would have to believe someone could reasonably date these....my guess on how they got there would be: there had been a tannery next to the house probably into the late 1800's.....a worker who might have lived there and worked there or in town (South Bethlehem was an industry driven area) ?used the ground as a bank.....the question is WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GUY BEFORE HE PULLED THE STUFF OUT?!....THAT'S WHAT I THINK IS COOL..................

Great cache find!! Good luck with the rest.HH

Congrats Johny.

COOL CACHE of CASH COINS.

JEFF

Attachments

• ex-sov.jpg
    ex-sov.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 270
  • ex-sov.jpg
    ex-sov.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 275
Congrats on the cache find ! Keep us posted on what you find out about the coins.

Huntin' 59er

Cool finds!! Next time, you might want to think;

Why not the Golden Arches. WTG!! HH

Hey Johny, The top left coin is a Kao Tsung 1735-1795 Emperor Chien Lung Tung Pao. I found one just like it in a war of 1812 encampment. Apparently they used anything for money back then. They are very common and not worth much. Wouldn't you think something that old would be worth more??? Lance

I have 7 of those coins, I guess they are'nt worth much because they made them for a couple of hundred yrs. and they probably number in the hundreds of millions. Thats what a coin expert told me once.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back