Selling a mining claim

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a claim in Washington and believe I have found a solid buyer.
The claim is a 20 acre placer and waiver is up to date although I have not yet filed my Affidavit of assessment.
I have been through this process before but it's been a minute. I just want to make sure I am crossing all the T's.
Quit claim deed to the buyer then that is filed at the County and then filed at BLM?
The county will want a fee and the BLM will want $15?
Does the new owner have to file a Intent to Hold?
Should I file the Assessment now or will this be covered at transfer?

I dont want to mess this up because there is another miner in the area who is "jumpy"

Upvote 2
I have a claim in Washington and believe I have found a solid buyer.
The claim is a 20 acre placer and waiver is up to date although I have not yet filed my Affidavit of assessment.
I have been through this process before but it's been a minute. I just want to make sure I am crossing all the T's.
Quit claim deed to the buyer then that is filed at the County and then filed at BLM?
The county will want a fee and the BLM will want $15?
Does the new owner have to file a Intent to Hold?
Should I file the Assessment now or will this be covered at transfer?

I dont want to mess this up because there is another miner in the area who is "jumpy"
you did the assesment work you file it.
no notice to hold required thats only the first year the claim is on the SMW.
Or every year if you pay maintenance fee.
Its because the first assesment year you automatically pay the maintenance fee. That you have to file NOIH because technically it looks like a gap in assertion of possesion.
the requirement to perform labor sticks with the claim. Change of ownership doesnt affect that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back