SEEKING HELP TO MD SOUTH CAROLINA LOW COUNTRY SOIL CONDITIONS

PalmettoBug

Aug 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need some help/advice in metal detecting the low country soil around Charleston, South Carolina. I spent the last couple of days searching my parents’ property with poor results. The soil characteristics are:

• Sandy with some organic matter,
• The moisture content is low (not dry) (0 = desert dry and 10 being waterline sand, this is a 2.5).
• Loaded with roots from nearby oak and pine trees.

I am using an AT Pro. I used variety discrimination settings. But it just seems that every one would produce a false hit. I tried the auto ground balance down to 40. When I had no success, I took it down another 10 and 20 points.

I am good on the beach, but this is driving me crazy........:icon_scratch:

Can someone recalibrate me and tell me what I could do to improve my success?

Upvote 0
I can't help you with the settings .. but, my back yard and the woods behind it are sandy ... I watered then lawn and then detected with much greater success

Try the factory reset. Turn on and hold the on button for 5 to 7 seconds.

As Tcomel said, try a factory reset. Make sure your coil connector is tight. Find a spot with no metal, then ground balance. Try running the sensitivity turned down a bar or two.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Thank you for the advice.....

Maybe you can find someone else down there with a AT Pro and do some side by side comparison. Also check all your connections are tight... BTW I was on folly beach last weekend only found fishing weights though

I was hunting down there just two days ago and going back on tomorrow.i m using the AT Pro. I just ground balance and sometimes change frequency

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back