Seeking Advice on Using Lidar or Other Technologies for Treasure Hunting

goldenhour

Jun 22, 2024
Howdy everyone,

I'm new to treasure hunting and to this website. FYI I already find a lot of things here super exciting, haha. Please forgive me if my questions seem basic or my writing isn't clear.

There's a location in the Amazon where a Spanish colonial town existed 300-400 years ago. The ruins of the town are mostly buried about 10 feet underground. From my research, I take that there's a pretty big bell (like a church bell), made out of gold, buried 20 feet underground inside an old well from that era. I'm interested in finding this object.

The bell is said to be 3 feet tall and around 2 feet in diameter.

The area I want to survey is about 2.5 acres. The terrain is mostly flat, dry, and sandy, with few trees. What's my best bet on finding the golden bell?

Tl;dr: I need help locating a pretty big golden artefact, about 20 feet underground.

Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

LiDar will not see an object that size.
If it's only a plot of land that size, just get a 2 box detector.
Golden church 🔔
This should be interesting. 🍿

Howdy everyone,

I'm new to treasure hunting and to this website. FYI I already find a lot of things here super exciting, haha. Please forgive me if my questions seem basic or my writing isn't clear.

There's a location in the Amazon where a Spanish colonial town existed 300-400 years ago. The ruins of the town are mostly buried about 10 feet underground. From my research, I take that there's a pretty big bell (like a church bell), made out of gold, buried 20 feet underground inside an old well from that era. I'm interested in finding this object.

The bell is said to be 3 feet tall and around 2 feet in diameter.

The area I want to survey is about 2.5 acres. The terrain is mostly flat, dry, and sandy, with few trees. What's my best bet on finding the golden bell?

Tl;dr: I need help locating a pretty big golden artefact, about 20 feet underground.

Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
A quick question out of curiosity the town you refer to? the Spanish colonial town existed 300-400 years ago? It is Sevilla del Oro or Logroño de los Caballeros, by any chance?

Crow

Wrong tool. LIDAR does not see below the surface. LIDAR won't reveal anything below the dirt.

Giant gold bell 20 feet deep? If it were steel or iron I would suggest a two box detector but with gold you will have more luck with a shovel.

LiDar will not see an object that size.
If it's only a plot of land that size, just get a 2 box detector.
Golden church 🔔
This should be interesting. 🍿
I like adventure, so this is pushing me to do this!

Will a 2 box detector work for gold? I read a comment below that says that it probably wouldn’t..

Wrong tool. LIDAR does not see below the surface. LIDAR won't reveal anything below the dirt.

Giant gold bell 20 feet deep? If it were steel or iron I would suggest a two box detector but with gold you will have more luck with a shovel.
Right.. I learned about LIDAR not seeing below the surface, but thought that maybe someone thought differently..

Digging a 2.5 acres, 20 feet hole would take me years! Seeing that you think that a two box detector wouldn’t help me, is there really nothing out there that would help me find the bell? GPR? Or maybe some new tech? Let me know what you think and thanks for the help!

A quick question out of curiosity the town you refer to? the Spanish colonial town existed 300-400 years ago? It is Sevilla del Oro or Logroño de los Caballeros, by any chance?

Crow
Hi Crow! None of them. This town is located in northern Bolivia.

Thanks to your comment though, I started reading on the two towns you mentioned. Definitely seems interesting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back