sediment/silt curtains

go to page 2 on this form and look for the post that has (turbidity blanket ) and i think you will find what you are looking for.

How do you work the plastic? I was thinking of a tube that attaches to the end made out of shade cloth. I have a feeling I'm over thinking it.

Yes you are over thinking this. if you attached it to the dredge it will catch the rocks coming off the sluice so you will only be able to stop it away from the dredge sluice on the down stream side about 10' or 15'. Hope this helps

What I did was built a dam, I put the plastic over the dam. I put my dredge on one side and me other the other with my nozzle. When I could no longer see, I shut down and waited for the water to clear again, repeat.

The reason I used it was lack of water flow to wash the silt away. Being there wasn't much flow the silt was being sucked up-stream to my nozzle from the sluice discharge. Also using my blaster nozzle added to the problem. It got so bad that I sucked the creek dry on the upside of the damn. I had to wait 30 minutes for the water level to go back up to dredge again. This was several weeks after using the blanket. Thank god it finally rained!

Last edited:
Yes you are over thinking this. if you attached it to the dredge it will catch the rocks coming off the sluice so you will only be able to stop it away from the dredge sluice on the down stream side about 10' or 15'. Hope this helps
No? You can't run a slieve and direct the fines into a confined area? That certainly is the type of thinking that gets dredging banned.

no i agree with you that you can not direct the fines to a confined area but you can slow the water down to let the sedement settle again. that i know you can do.

Simple tarp from shore to shore anchored with rocks works just fine. Total containmentment is never the goal,just a lowering of discharges sediment. John

Attachments

• 100_2231.jpg
    100_2231.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_2203.jpg
    100_2203.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 100
Thanks gents, good info, will do some experimentation. Love the custom paint! Earth tones are my favorite as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back