Second water hunting trip

ncsuwolf

Jul 21, 2024
Just getting into water hunting. Took a buddy who is just getting into detecting. 3-4 hours on the river…at least the motor waited until the end to show its butt, and we didn’t have to paddle back. Next step is to have everyone around here transition to gold fishing weights instead of lead. For those more experienced in river hunting….the fact that I’m finding lead leads me to believe I’m at the right “type” of location, but that nothing worthwhile washed by recently. Is that a correct assumption, and that if I got to a better geographical location, the same “type” of spot might yield something worthwhile?

Attachments

• IMG_3262.jpeg
    IMG_3262.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 35
Upvote 9
All of the fishing tackle just means you're in a popular fishing spot. Doesn't really work the same way as beach hunting where the waves pile all the lead and gold in the same area.
Keep at it though, I find lots of tackle where I hunt and every once in a while gold will show up.

Just getting into water hunting. Took a buddy who is just getting into detecting. 3-4 hours on the river…at least the motor waited until the end to show its butt, and we didn’t have to paddle back. Next step is to have everyone around here transition to gold fishing weights instead of lead. For those more experienced in river hunting….the fact that I’m finding lead leads me to believe I’m at the right “type” of location, but that nothing worthwhile washed by recently. Is that a correct assumption, and that if I got to a better geographical location, the same “type” of spot might yield something worthwhile?
gold fishing weights, that's a better idea than gold pull tabs, heavier

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back