Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I had about 15 free minutes lastnight before it got dark, so I headed up the road to the hunted out park. Dug three targets. First was a 1951 D wheat cent. Second was buffalo nickle (cleaning it so no photo but awesome details, its either 1916 or 1918) and a 1995 Canadian dime. I can't wait to go back. To recap, my first hunt yielded a 1943 Quarter, 1942 and 1945 Mercury dimes, 1896 and 1906 Indian heads and 7 wheat cents (varying dates from 1930 to 1956) and about 79 cents clad. Not too shabby for park that three people have now told me is hunted out.

Anthony

Upvote 0
Great digs fool!! WTG!! Keep hunting that site.HH

Nice finds, They are never hunted out. I was told the same thing. Most treasure hunters are lazy or just don't know were to search. They miss all the woods and fringes around the park. People used the parks alot heavier back then than we do today. They used every square foot of the park. The finds are there for those who don't mind searching the rough parts. They can also be in the open area's under alot of trash. Or just simple 1 inch deep and the last guy thought it was a clad dime.

Dig every target in that park.

HH Jeremy

Hey Fool! (I always wanted to say that on here ;D )
I agree with Jer, they are never hunted out. My buddies and I have been pounding a hunted out park and have gotten a ton of silver and wheats. Total silver count is about 20 or so from the fringe area, one walking half that Dave got in a central area right next to a sprinkler head. He was using his shooter coil and sniffed it out. I can say that the DFX loves hunted out parks!

Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back