Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After work in Chicago last night I decided to forego the lake water hunt due to both the iffy weather appearance (even though clear skies were forecast) and the lack of time and hit a small park. I ended up getting rained on little but dug some nice coins. 1882 Indian Head Penny, 1887 Seated Dime and an 1893 V Nickel. It almost made up for my dropped gold 3/4 of a broken ring that I lost water hunting the day before in Lake Michigan. However I’d did catch the finds on video and will be uploaded on my YouTube channel Bharp Detectorist in the near future.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1563456993.698980.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1563457017.530211.jpg

Upvote 35
Wow! Way to go on some great finds. Awesome to hear that Seateds are still coming out of old parks!

for some, that was three bucket listers in one pic. very nicely done....again

Those are some awesome coins, that seated is super cool and that IHP looks like it was dropped the day it was minted! Congrats

Not bad for a business trip outing.

Are you hiring lol gotta go back to that park looks like a great spot. Well done. Tommy

Very nice group of old coins! :occasion14:

Awesome to know the Chicago parks aren't all hunters out! Congrats!

I know this is an old thread, but I heard that the Chicago city council outlawed the use of metal detectors in city parks. Does anyone know if this is true? I may be taking a trip to the Windy City in September.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back