Seasons DO Fear The Reaper!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Man Winter was "skurred" of me today, as I "reaped" some bling from the soggy, frozen park lawn! He tried snowing, sleeting, and raining on me but I had one thing on my mind... I went back to the park baseball diamond that gave me the big sterling cross pendant last week. I spent 3 cold hours digging every coin and jewelry signal I could find and wasn't disappointed (too much. :laughing7:)

I first got a solid, repeatable 55 VDI on Medusa, my ATMax, that did not sound quite like a pull tab. Imaging my surprise when this popped out of the hole...

Gold Chain1 (2).JPG

I went into "Bracelet and necklace diggin' mode. Most of you senior jewelry hunters, who hunt in sod, know what that is...EXTRA wide plug dug ...s l o w l y...

Out came a 21" long gold colored necklace, intact, and marked..."18K" and "U7"

Gold Chain2 (2).jpg

But I have learned to never count my chickens before they hatch, and later discovered that it was a well made, plated piece. Dang it...it was heavy and pretty too!

I was still stoked and having muddy, cold fun when I got a solid, repeatable 48 VDI. It sounded good, so I took the chance on the low tone target. Out popped this ...

Gold Chain3.jpg

I was excited now! Looked like a white gold colored engagement ring with stones, but I would have to clean it up and test it to get a definitive answer. The verdict came later, when I was able to read "10K" and "IKS" inside the band. My diamond tester told me all 23 intact, small stones were diamonds! Yay!

Gold Chain4.jpg

Despite the inclimate weather, I had fun and also vacuumed about $9.00 in clad for my favorite charity. I will let this baseball diamond rest for about one year and hit it again...Thanks for peeking, happy hunting to all of my TNet friends! Sub 8-)

Gold Chain5.jpg

Upvote 17
Nice work, and some great finds. Congrats!

Great walk, Sub!

I hunt clad for my favorite charity too! **ME**!! :tongue3:

Outstanding finds congrats...Gold and Diamonds! :notworthy:

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Bet you didn't even feel the cold after you pulled those out of the dirt.

Boom baby there it is thats how its done sweet gold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back